1. Place the EMPTY magazine in the magazine well,
located in bottom of firearm grip. Push firmly enough
on bottom of magazine to make sure it is properly
seated. A distinctive “click” will confirm the magazine
has been properly inserted. Pull the slide completely
to the rear until it locks back.
2. Depress magazine release and remove magazine.
3. Ensure that you are using the proper caliber
ammunition for your firearm. Place rim of first
cartridge on front of follower (See Figure 16) then
push the cartridge down on the follower and slide the
cartridge under the lips of the magazine completely
to the rear. Load successive rounds by pushing
cartridge down on previously loaded cartridge Use
only clean, dry, original, high-quality, commercially
manufactured ammunition. Using reloaded
ammunition may void warranty.
4. Point firearm in a safe direction and kep
fin ger off tri gger . Re-insert magazine into
magazine well, located in bottom of firearm grip. Push
firmly enough on bottom of magazine to make sure it
is properly seated.
LOADING/PREPARING TO FIRE
Never touch the trigger when
WARNING loading or unloading the firearm.
Caution: Do not slam or forcefully jam magazine
into magazine well.
5. Depress the slide stop lever to allow slide to move
forward and load a shell from the magazine into the
6. The loaded chamber indicator will be in the up
position (See Figure 12-2.)
7. The striker status indicator will be protruding out
of the rear of the slide (See Page 13) in the “cocked”
Caution: The firearm is now ready to fire.