Reck Kal 6.35 ...what have I got here?

This is a discussion on Reck Kal 6.35 ...what have I got here? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I dug a mouse gun that my wife's father gave to her nearly 30 years ago. Mfg: Reck / Kal (caliber): 6.35 mm / Model: ...

Thread: Reck Kal 6.35 ...what have I got here?

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar

Question Reck Kal 6.35 ...what have I got here?

I dug a mouse gun that my wife's father gave to her nearly 30 years ago. Mfg: Reck / Kal (caliber): 6.35 mm / Model: P8 In English it says "Made in West Germany". My short research tells me that they were made from 1955-65 and distributed in the States under 2 different names; La Fury and Chicago Cub. This one has "LA" on the grips. It also has a few makers marks, for lack of better terms, on the left side of the slide. One is "68" in a semi-circle; one is .... a checkered pattern in a semi-circle and the last one is a bit different. It looks like eagle wings (like former West Germany stuff) with an "N" underneath it.

Anybody know this thing? I've got to do more research but is 25 cal. a safe bet? I broke it down and cleaned it and oh what a mess. But now it's looking ok and I'm just trying to figure out what next.

Thanx!
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    6.35mm is .25ACP so you should be good to go in that department. Can't speak for the quality of manufacture or whether or not yours is safe to shoot or not. I'd have it looked over first before putting one downrange. BTW, ammoclip.com has mags for it should you need some.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Links