Need Input!

Need Input!

This is a discussion on Need Input! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okay, you folks will notice that elsewhere on this board I have three items for sale: A "BlackHawk Industries" TAC-Vest, a POINT BLANK Ballistic T-Shirt ...

Thread: Need Input!

Cool Need Input!

Okay, you folks will notice that elsewhere on this board I have three items for sale: A "BlackHawk Industries" TAC-Vest, a POINT BLANK Ballistic T-Shirt with steel trauma plate insert AND a real SpecOps Ghillie suit that cost me over $400 when I thought Clinton was the AntiChrist and going to turn us over to the UN for the NWO. Yup I'm pretty paranoid...or I was at that time. Anyhoo...I decided to leave NeverLand and grow up...a little bit. I decided to sell these items and maybe buy another gun. I have had some nice offers on the gear, too.

Here's the kicker: The FFL I usually do business with has offered me a unique deal, a swap for two of these items (Ghillie Suit and Ballistic T-Shirt) in return for a Kel-Tec folding carbine the Sub-2000 in .40 with Glock mags. Well, he wants a little bit of cash, too: $40 + the background check. That's a $30 fee at the store doing the transfer. So my items plus $70 for a new gun. I'm inclined to do this. Mostly 'cause he's local and that makes it simple for transfer. No shipping hassles.

The carbine would then become the companion to my Glock M27, especially for long trips. I'd rather carry my USP 45 on trips, but it's pretty bulky and the M27 is more easily concealed in a variety of situations. When I'm carrying in another state on reciprocity, I think discretion is a good thing. Also, it'd be nice to have like ammo and like mags. The Kel-Tec is designed around the mags for a Glock M23, so my multiple 23 mags AND my multiple M22 mags will all fit and so will my two Ultra high-cap aftermarket 29rd mags. Okay...thanks for the input, I think I'll do this deal. NOW....here you can contribute:

I still have the TAC-Vest. I'd like $100 for it, as it costs $134 new. BUT now I'm thinking I'll let it go for an amount of 40 cal "carry ammo" some form of JHP. So, how many rds of 40 carry ammo should I ask for to do THIS deal? OR, how many reloads combined with carry ammo? Reloads so I can practice with it.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ex,

Glad we could help you make that decision!

As fas as the ammo I would think it would depend on what brand and type is offered, reloads, ? as to how much would be a fair trade.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Moderator
    Ex,

I think a pistol and compliment pistol cal. carbine makes a lot of sense, esp. when the pistol and carbine use the same ammo and mags. Of course, the pistol cal. carbine isn't a M-4, but does it need to be? I think not. To me the pistol/carbine makes a great "grab and go", travel companions, and home defense combo.

Do I understand correctly that the background check costs $30? That seems high, but that may be the "going" price in your area.

Edit:
    As a matter of fact, I just looked at the Kel-tec site and I may buy one of these myself. MSRP $383.

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    Ex,

I think a pistol and compliment pistol cal. carbine makes a lot of sense, esp. when the pistol and carbine use the same ammo and mags. Of course, the pistol cal. carbine isn't a M-4, but does it need to be? I think not. To me the pistol/carbine makes a great "grab and go", travel companions, and home defense combo.

Do I understand correctly that the background check costs $30? That seems high, but that may be the "going" price in your area.

Edit:
    As a matter of fact, I just looked at the Kel-tec site and I may buy one of these myself. MSRP $383.
    My price for this gun is $280. The actual fee for the state background check is about $10, but the gunshop that does the transfer charges an extra $20 on top for their trouble (after all they didn't get the sale).
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    Have to look at this later tonight, I'm blocked by the school server. DAGNABBIT!

Assistant Administrator
    K-T Carbine sounds like a good way to go - I have considered one but having got a Storm never did.

As for the ammo - yes that would depend I guess on make and value of a specific ammo.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    personally I would keep atleast 1 body armor vest around. If nothing else than HD senario. If the Keltec isn't all that much to begin with I would swap the Gillie suit and pay cash for the rest.

The Carbine/Rifle combo sounds good ..

As for ammo if ya wanna trade for it cool but not reloads I'm paranoid about using someone else's ammo especially in 40 S&W

Sponsored Links