Nothing good ever comes from a gun

This is a discussion on Nothing good ever comes from a gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Every once and a while a person gets behind the wheel to a car and causes tragedies. I'm pro-driving, but I accept that fact that ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nothing good ever comes from a gun

Nothing good ever comes from a gun

Every once and a while a person gets behind the wheel to a car and causes tragedies. I'm pro-driving, but I accept that fact that sometimes things go wrong, because overall, I believe driving is a good thing.

Every once and a while, easy access to firearms is a bad thing. I'm pro-gun, and I accept that fact that sometimes things go wrong, but overall, I believe gun ownership (2A) is a good thing.

Here, enjoy this nugget that nudged my blood presure so fast I have a mild headache:

Nothing good ever comes from a gun -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Now I don't like this guy. He is an anti-gun idiot. However, he wrote, "...a massacre in a mall, or elsewhere, they'll just say if more people had guns to defend themselves with, you'd have less violence..." He has some in the pro-gun crowd nailed. The answer is not always more guns.

"...nobody ever uses a gun for self-defense..." is so stupid it is likely to cause a brain aneurysm just to read it and believe someone could make the statement. I'm not from South Florida. Has this guy been declared legally retarded?
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

BAC
    Yeah, I read that article... gave me a small twitch when I considered that this individual probably votes. All the more reason to be vocal and speak out against stupidity, and to support better education (which would all but completely cure ignorance; stupid, as Ron White says, is forever...).

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

good post. thanks for sharing. still beileve guns are safer thah cars.
    but then again,car or gun, all depends on who's operating it.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

If someone has his email addy then send him this link from another post on the forums

Smith and Wesson Cam
    and tell him let me know when this gun shots someone.
    Bryan A Dreyer
    Sgt USMC/US Army
    .45 ACP

VIP Member
    What an idiot! I (almost) hope he is the victim of a home invasion. Let's see how he feels then.

P.S. I love the Smith and Wesson Cam!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Uhm, my gun has killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Uhm, my gun has killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car.
    I love it, thanks Rugergirl!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Wonder if Mr Stein knows about the Warsaw Ghetto. The only example I can find where resistance to Nazi tryanny was answered with firearms by the Ghettos inhabitants. If there had been more such resistance maybe the Nazis would have thought twice about carrying out the " Finall Solution " Unfortunately firearms were pretty scarce for resistors, seems that one of the Nazi Governments first tasks was firearm confiscation from the public. If Mr. Stein wishes to believe firearms don't aid in self defense I suggest he check the local newspapers. There are articles almost everyday on ordinary citizens exercising the 2nd amendment rights in self defense. Sorry Mr. Stein you are a smuck.

The author left something out of his first sentence.

"There's a very simple reason I hate guns." should also include, "...because I am an idiot!"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Wow! What a nut case!

Just because his publication doesn't carry stories about successfull self-defense it must never happen. Right!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

''Yeah, I know, all the stories about gun violence are just a huge conspiracy from the liberal, gun-hating media. Please.''

He would have been correct in his statement above had he left out the Please.

''For every one story I ever see or hear about somebody actually defending themselves with a gun - to be honest, I can't remember the last time that happened -- I hear several dozen about some whack job going nuts with a gun, or somebody terrorizing his family or girl friend with a gun, or somebody who's gun accidently goes off in the house and causes a horrible tragedy.''

This statement is only true because of the gun hating media.

This guy is to stupid to breathe our air much less be quoted in the news, which only reaffirms that the media is biased against gun owners.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    "And don't get me started on the folks who say they have a right to own an assault weapon. Why? So they can hunt squirrels with an AK-47 while blathering about their second amendment rights?"

Another illogical argument from someone who does not know what the second amendment is about. 2A has nothing to do with hunting or squirrels.

Maybe somebody should send him a list of instances where people did use a gun in self defense and ask him to explain what happened?

I guess things like the shooting that was stopped by a CCW permit holder at the New Life Church in Colorado Springs a little over a year ago, saving over 100 lives, really didn’t happen? I guess it and dozens of other cases are just made-up stories for us to justify our desire to be “big and bad”?

I have no problem with opinions; everybody has and is entitled to their own. I do, however, have issues with media outlets that blatantly hide the truth and lie about things just to push their opinions on us. If they want to present their beliefs and opinions to us, thru the editorials, that is fine, but they should make sure that what is presented in those articles as fact is accurate.

What a wacko?
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links