Thinking about joining...

This is a discussion on Thinking about joining... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As of yet I am not a member of any organizations relating to firearms/2A rights. I have decided when the funds are available( in the ...

Thread: Thinking about joining...

Thinking about joining...

As of yet I am not a member of any organizations relating to firearms/2A rights. I have decided when the funds are available( in the next month) to join the NRA and GSSF. Are there any other pro-gun rights organizations I am overlooking?

2. Remove Ads

You might want to look at the United States Concealed Carry organization (U.S. Concealed Carry Association). I have not joined yet, but I plan to. Their web-site is very impressive. But as you plan to do -- I started with the NRA.

You may also want to look at Gun Owners of America (Gun Owners of America). I am more impressed with the NRA-ILA (be sure to sign up for the NRA-ILA email daily briefs), but I know many like Gun Owners.

Also many states have state-based concealed carry organizations. In Texas there is the Texas Concealed Handgun Association (Texas Concealed Handgun Association). I don't know what Kentucky has.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

NRA is a must and your state gun rights group is also.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Second Ammendment Foundation, Second Amendment Foundation Online

I believe that the NRA has some specials to attract life member...you can save a lot of $$$ over a paying year by year...check into it.

I just became a life member of the NRA...I also belong to the GOA, and the CCRKBA.

Stay armed...join something, protect your rights...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Join a national group and if your state has a local group so they can defend your state.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    As of yet I am not a member of any organizations relating to firearms/2A rights. I have decided when the funds are available( in the next month) to join the NRA and GSSF. Are there any other pro-gun rights organizations I am overlooking?
    The NRA is the biggest collective voice of gun owners in America.

There is something to be said for large groups united around a basic principle. I'm of the personal opinion that if you own a gun and don't belong to the NRA, I don't care to associate with you.

The reason I am so "hard" on that issue is because these are very trying and scary times for gun owners. The NRA is the one gun-lobby organization that is listened to the most by the politicians in our Nation's capitol.

They may not be perfect, but they are a recognized and respected force and have the ability to influence things like no other pro-gun organization.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    The NRA is the biggest collective voice of gun owners in America.

There is something to be said for large groups united around a basic principle. I'm of the personal opinion that if you own a gun and don't belong to the NRA, I don't care to associate with you.

The reason I am so "hard" on that issue is because these are very trying and scary times for gun owners. The NRA is the one gun-lobby organization that is listened to the most by the politicians in our Nation's capitol.

They may not be perfect, but they are a recognized and respected force and have the ability to influence things like no other pro-gun organization.

Biker
    Just think if every gun owner was a member of the NRA how much power we would have with congress......
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    Just think if every gun owner was a member of the NRA how much power we would have with congress......
    That's why I choose not to associate with gun owners that aren't members.

The non-member gun owners are reaping the benefits of gun ownership off the backs of NRA members.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    That's why I choose not to associate with gun owners that aren't members.

The non-member gun owners are reaping the benefits of gun ownership off the backs of NRA members.

Biker
    And then complain they don't do anything.....

If you have a problem with the NRA, join run for office and change it. 1 of the guys off AR15.com is running for Director.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Links