Defensive Carry banner

1911s That Do NOT Use the Slide as a Billboard

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  aus71383 
#1 ·
I am pretty much convinced... if I am going to spend $700-1,000 on a gun, I might as well avoid the polymer pieces and put a piece of history in my hand. However, when I started shopping for 1911s, I was disappointed to find that almost every manufacturer uses the slide as a place to advertise, in big letters, what the make and model of the gun is. I think it looks tacky.

Anyone know a quality make + model that does NOT do that?

#5 ·
My Kimber Ultra has some writing on the slide...not a different color, but rather engraved.
Anyone close enough to see that already has a big problem.:yup:

It does not bother me at all...OMO:icon_neutral:...there are bigger fish to fry now days.:ziplip:

#6 ·
Wilson will build you one with a completely naked slide.

A little outside your specified price range though, sorry.

#8 ·
Nice- thanks. BTW, why do some of the 1911s have the mag bumper? Is that so you can really slam it in there in a pinch?
Yes. And because nobody likes the palm pinch of slamming home a flush mag.

I'll second both Dan Wesson and Fusion Firearms 1911s.

-B

#9 ·
The bumper serve2 purposes:

1. As mentioned to help avoid palm pinch.
2. To prevent damage to the magazine if dropped to the floor, as in tactical reloads.

#12 ·
Just be glad Ruger doesn't make a 1911.....I hate that warning message on the barrel of all my Rugers!!!:aargh4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.