Defensive Carry banner

would you buy a Rock Island Armory .45 ?

• yes

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • yeah..sold it

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • yes and I still have it

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 26.4%

4K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  Bruces45 
#1 ·

#6 ·
If so inclined yes - they would certainly get my consideration. I hear mostly OK stuff and little bad.

Such a choice out there tho for 1911 platforms - almost glad I am not having to make up my mind right now!

That said - this board is probably one of the best places to whittle down a choice - so much first hand experience and good info - and much with a useful and strong practical bias too.

#10 ·
Maybe a used one that I had fired a few mags through....
Also resale is always a factor in the firearms I buy, so that would definitely play a role....

#16 ·
Phil Elmore said:

This Rock Island Arms .45 is my daily carry piece.
Are you really carrying Ball ammo in it (picture). I know it works just a lot better choices today rather than Ball.
I am not worried about overpenteration of ball in 45 thats more myth than fact. (9mm ball different story )Just HP does more damage even if fails to open Just a question not looking for a Ball verses HP battle

#18 ·
I saw one today at a gun show in Montgomery, AL for $339 new in box. Yes, Artz, it was a .45 ACP. I saw others at tables from smaller dealers from $359 to $429. I was shopping for something else, but you can bet the $339 gave me reason to pause and ponder long and hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.