Took the wifey out to the range last night to try out the new G19. Basically in a nut shell we have 4 guns and she complains about all of them, nothing seems to suit her.
Para 1911 with Pearce Grips
- too heavy, cant engage slide release
Glock 19 with extended slide release
- too light, too much felt recoil
Taurus PT99 with Pachmyer Signature Grips
- good weight, but grips to wide cant reach mag release, too loud
S&W Model 41
- too heavy
S&W Sigma SW9VE (borrowed)
- too light, cant release slide, cant rack slide, trigger too heavy
Personally I think she needs to man up a bit, the Glock was close except for the weight thing mabey adding some extra weight to the glock 19 somehow will make it the perfect fit for her ?
Most important features shes looking for
1) Good weight 850-950 grams unloaded
2) Easy to reach and engage slide + mag release
3) Easy to rack slide
4) 6 pound trigger pull or less.
Any suggestions on what the next 9mm pistol should be ? and which one would you sell above to fund it,
and no Im not allowed to have 5 :(
** bear in mind the SW9VE was borrowed (I dont own one)