POLL: Online auctions and gun sellers - Page 2

POLL: Online auctions and gun sellers

This is a discussion on POLL: Online auctions and gun sellers within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've only purchased one gun online and the transaction went smoothly. It took about 10 days from the end of the auction to the delivery ...

View Poll Results: What is your experience with buying guns online?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would never buy a gun online

9 7.14%
  • I have never bought online but am not adverse to it

52 41.27%
  • I have bought online but was disappointed

0 0%
  • I have bought online and have been satisfied

54 42.86%
  • I buy online frequently

11 8.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POLL: Online auctions and gun sellers

I've only purchased one gun online and the transaction went smoothly. It took about 10 days from the end of the auction to the delivery of goods (2 weekends included). All of my other guns have been purchased from the same, local gun shop.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I would maybe buy online if I can't find a particular gun I have in mind, or a particular piece of hardware. But generally, I prefer to support the local economy and go to the stores around me, after all, it saves in shipping and handling.

I prefer face to face sales at my local shops. I don't like to buy a gun I haven't had my paws on and looked at in person. It not only supports the locals but if there is a problem I have never had an issue resolving it.
    I know these dealers quite well personally as well as through dealing with them in their shops. Maybe it's because I've dealt with them for over 30 years and I am somewhat ''set in my ways''.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    As a left handed shooter I usually have to buy online. I'm always looking for something nobody has. When I can I go to a local shop for research and, if they have what I'm looking for at a reasonable price, I will buy locally. Sadly I usually end up looking at a right handed gun in the shop just to get an idea of the fit and finish of a product and then go order a left handed gun online (usually for less money). I would like to buy locally more often but it's just not practical. I have bought more than half of my guns online.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Bought one gun, an S&W all stainless pre-lock model 60. Turned out the gun was just excellent. Tight, accurate, everything it was described as. I didn't like paying a transfer fee and shipping but I simply couldn't get one in my local area. I was apprehensive about doing it but in my one case it turned out great.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I find it very interesting that no one had a disappointing experience... but as I think on it, I've ordered everything from pet supplies to computer components online, and can't recall a disappointing experience. And to think I used to be one of those people that said, "I'd never put my credit card number online..."

Any more votes or comments...?

"Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

VIP Member
    One thing people don't like is the shipping and transfer fees. But when you buy online you don't pay sales tax so it evens out ( more or less).
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

My sales run about 50 - 50. People that buy online already know what they want. They have done their touchy feely and are ready to shop for a deal (or who has one in stock). Others don't buy till they have it in their hand. Everyones different.
    Steve

www.pistolsandparts.com
    "Leave Nothing To Chance"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links