G26 12 round mag only holds 11?

This is a discussion on G26 12 round mag only holds 11? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just as the title says. I'm a new owner of a new glock 26 and having just moved from California to a free state (MT) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G26 12 round mag only holds 11?

Just as the title says. I'm a new owner of a new glock 26 and having just moved from California to a free state (MT) and I wanted to take advantage of evil "high cap" mags, and I can finally carry legally so naturally I wanted to take advantage of my new carry gun! I picked up a +2 pierce grip extension and had an inept smith put it on and it only holds 11..no matter what i try..my maglula can't load it, and i can't muscle the 12th in there. So hey, let's order a factory Glock 12 rounder. Comes today in the mail and bam!!! 11 rounds only.

So thinking I'm just a victim of not knowing enough about glocks or the true meaning of "12+1" or "11+1=12" or whatever, I'm now assuming the "12 rounders" aren't meant to hold 12, but 11 plus one in the pipe?

Please educate me and let me know if I'm extremely unlucky, or if I've stumbled upon reality...or that I'm a total woose and can't load a simple magazine!

danke!

kpw
    wuse!

Just kiddin ya. Leave it loaded with 11 for a while. Should be able to get the 12th in after a few days....weeks maybe.

Haha, thanks! Ya know, I think it's actually "wuss." I never spell it right. Maybe it's cuz I'm so dang wussified!

So it needs a breaking in then? Lovely..i can just see it now...i'm in the woods peeing and a wolf pack shows up and I spend 11 neatly placed rounds in the 5 of them, and Senor Alpha Male keeps his attack because he requires one more and my new mag can't hold it so I get my head torn off.

oh well...at least I got 11 and can brag to my friends in CA and make fun of their 10 rounders!

Pack it with 11 and let it sit for a few days...then give 1 more a try.

Stay armed...always room for one more...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Rex View Post
    oh well...at least I got 11 and can brag to my friends in CA and make fun of their 10 rounders!
    Just wait till you can brag to your friends that your back up mag holds 15 or 17.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    As the others have said, in time the spring should loosen enough to get the 12th round in. I took a different approach with my G26. Instead of attaching the extension to the gun, I simply buy magazines which hold 12 rounds- they are available.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Rex View Post
    Haha, thanks! Ya know, I think it's actually "wuss." I never spell it right. Maybe it's cuz I'm so dang wussified!
    LOL...Guess I can't speel it none eather!

Most of the sub Glocks mags are tough to get that last one in when new. G30 mags are PITA, too.

How much skin and blood are you willing to shed? You can squeeze in that 12th round.....you can do it, you can do it, you can do it!

Hold the mag base plate down loaded with the rounds that fit, whack the base smartly a couple of times into palm/heel of other hand. Presto, the last rounds will fit.

You could also get mag loader, should make it easy enough to get that last round in and it'll save your thumbs when you're loading range mags.

Keepin' 'em loaded won't help all that much, but shooting them will. Go shoot the heck out of it!

Sometimes the rounds get all kerfuffled in the mag and don't sit like they should. You'll see a blank spot in one of the witness holes if that happens (I get it all the time with my +5 basepads on the Limited gun). If it matters, just unload the mag and reload without pressing down 'early'.

Watch those +1 basepads. The GLOCK, Pierce, and Schrer (sp?) are known to "speed unload" on ya. It's never happened to me at a match, but I've had 3 blow out during practice and seen a bunch. We found most of the parts...

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

I had the same problem with my G27 when it was new, 9th wouldnt go in. I installed the perce extensions and thought I messed up some how. But like HKDAN said its a double stack mag and some might not go to the side like they are supposed to. I loaded and unloaded to break in spring, now 9th goes in with fingers.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

I noticed on my 13 round mags for my G23 that at times, due to how the rounds would sit in the magazine, it would appear as if I had only loaded 12 rounds when in actuality it was fully loaded. Have you counted the number of rounds as you load the magazine? I know this may sound silly, but you may be actually trying to fit a 13th round into the magazine by accident, which would explain why it won't fit.

Meh... Don't worry about it... the time to start worrying is when your at about round four or five and still needing more... by then your already past deep do do time...

I also experienced this with my G27. I gave up, and load 8 in the mag, plus 1 in the pipe.. If i need more I will just change out a mag. No big deal..

Quote Originally Posted by Loadedtech View Post
    I had the same problem with my G27 when it was new, 9th wouldnt go in. I installed the perce extensions and thought I messed up some how. But like HKDAN said its a double stack mag and some might not go to the side like they are supposed to. I loaded and unloaded to break in spring, now 9th goes in with fingers.
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links