A range in Las Vegas that allows lead?

This is a discussion on A range in Las Vegas that allows lead? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I haven't been out to a range yet and I just got my Glock. I've noticed a lot of ranges here do not accept lead, ...

Thread: A range in Las Vegas that allows lead?

A range in Las Vegas that allows lead?

I haven't been out to a range yet and I just got my Glock. I've noticed a lot of ranges here do not accept lead, but I have some Hornady XTPs I want to try out for SD, not to mention lead free tends to be more expensive for just target practice. For frame of reference for the area I'm looking in, I live over in the Tropicana/Pecos area and The Gun Store is very close, but it's very touristy and last time I checked, no lead was allowed there either. I thought about going this afternoon if there is a close place that will allow me to use some of my hollow points. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

What they are referring to is solid lead bullets ,copper jacketed or plated bullets are allowed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ah, I see. I wasn't sure because two that I've seen has said lead free ammo and I took that to mean the "clean" lead free ammo.

Torrid PM William Wallace from this site he is your neighbor there, I also have a home there @ Trop and Buffalo he can give you advice on the ranges there I'm pretty sure.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

Try American Shooters or Discount Firearms. They are closer to you.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I go to American Shooters. Nice range, and you don't have to buy your ammo there. I frequently buy my ammo in case quantities on line, then go to the range to shoot. Shouldn't have any problem there. I believe that the Gun Store on E Trop requires you to buy their ammo. I haven't shot anywhere else. But, since I like American Shooters, and they are one of the closest ranges to me (at least until the new Clark County range opens), there's no reason for me to go anywhere else.

I talked to one of the guys at work and he's been itching to go shoot. He says he has membership to a gun club that allows him to bring guests for free. I'm going to take him up on his offer to go out and do some shooting this Saturday.

I've shot at Desert Sportsman and Desert Lakes. Both are great clubs but if you wanted to shoot competition at either, you do not need to be a member (if you're interested). BTW, you can bring your own ammo to Discount Firearms but you can't take head shots. You have to flip the target upside down. American Shooters lets you but Discount is much cleaner and the lighting is way better.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by Shotdown View Post
    I've shot at Desert Sportsman and Desert Lakes. Both are great clubs but if you wanted to shoot competition at either, you do not need to be a member (if you're interested). BTW, you can bring your own ammo to Discount Firearms but you can't take head shots. You have to flip the target upside down. American Shooters lets you but Discount is much cleaner and the lighting is way better.
    On some ranges taking a headshot angles the bullet trajectory up high enough that rounds can enter the ceiling area
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    "Discount is much cleaner and the lighting is way better."

I've checked out the range at Discount Firearms, and they're nice, but not that much better than American Shooters. I don't find the lighting to be significantly better, and when I've been to American Shooters, the cleanliness has been just fine.

Links