After 5 months I finally went shooting today

This is a discussion on After 5 months I finally went shooting today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I haven't been shooting in 5 months due to the cold temperatures, but the weather is finally warming up again. I took my new Beretta ...

Thread: After 5 months I finally went shooting today

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

After 5 months I finally went shooting today

I haven't been shooting in 5 months due to the cold temperatures, but the weather is finally warming up again. I took my new Beretta M9, XD45 Service, and my old trusty G19 to the range. I fired 170 rounds through the Beretta, 30 rounds through the G19, and 50 through my XD45. I fired all of them at 10 yards (I prefer to practice within typical defensive ranges). I had thought the sights were off on my XD, but it turns out it was me. I can officially say that I trust my life to my XD and has a place in my carry lineup. The Beretta was a joy to shoot and the G19 as usual ran flawlessly!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a great day for shooting, but why does cold weather keep you from shooting?
    I've spent quite a bit of time in Anchorage, it doesn't get THAT cold...

Stay armed......stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It feels good, doesn't it?? I bet you you went "Haaaahh!" once you were done. Glad you're slowly thawing.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Most of the winter the temperatures hovered around the 0 to -25 degrees, except when it snowed. Not only that it wasn't until recently I started stocking up like crazy on practice ammo. I had some other things to deal with first, but I will try and go shooting as often as I can.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Links