I have my first gun. - Page 2

I have my first gun.

This is a discussion on I have my first gun. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Naturallia Thanks. I'm nervous and excited. I'm in Springfield, by the way Should I go shoot it on my own (with husband) ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturallia View Post
    Thanks. I'm nervous and excited. I'm in Springfield, by the way

Should I go shoot it on my own (with husband) first or go to the class as a fresh newbie, never having shot a gun?
    nice to see a local on the forum :)

Like I said, check out the MO Carry forum (good folks and a great way to get to know other shooters in the area). Holler at me if you have any questions.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Congrats.

It would probably be best to get alittle trigger time in before you go to the CCW class. Do you have to qualify on a target in MO like in KS??

Being in a class and being watched can cause a bit of anxiety to some people, and much of that could be relieved if you already have a good understanding of your firearm and some practice shooting it. By the time you take the course, you'll be an ole pro at gun handling, loading, shooting, etc. which will likely make you more comfortable. Just make sure you are doing thngs right and don't develope bad habits. Start out on the right foot.

Good luck.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Congrats.

It would probably be best to get alittle trigger time in before you go to the CCW class. Do you have to qualify on a target in MO like in KS??
    yes...15/20 (I think) on a B-27 at 7 yards...not difficult at all. If whoever is teaching you is even marginally competent, you'll be capable of this before you finish the first box of ammo (if not the first mag).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

congrts and enjoy, be safe
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Welcome to the wonderful world of gun ownership.\

Shoot straight!

I have taught my wife safety and basics and she is getting better but I forget that she has not shoot as much as me or handled as many weapons as often.

A local range has a ladies only class I would like her to take.

Semper Fi

VIP Member
    congrats, and definately go shoot as much as you can before the class.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links