Let's talk 22 pistols... Tax money is coming.. :) - Page 2

Let's talk 22 pistols... Tax money is coming.. :)

This is a discussion on Let's talk 22 pistols... Tax money is coming.. :) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Browning Buckmark I understand is a great gun. No first hand knowledge regrettably as I stupidly let one get away a few months ago! I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Browning Buckmark I understand is a great gun. No first hand knowledge regrettably as I stupidly let one get away a few months ago!

I did buy a S&W 622 and have found that to be a great plinking gun. Eats anything you feed it. It is a SS pre-cursor to the S&W 22A, so you'll have to look in the used market but a great gun for $225-250.

Quote Originally Posted by OD
    Now that Bob, is a classic.

I have a 1946 H-D Military, the old Hi-Standards are fantastic shooters.

+1 on yours OD That's a NICE Pistol ya got there!

The HDs we get FLY out the door........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    If you get a Buckmark, stay away from the Camper model, as they use a plastic rear sight that has a history of failure. Other than that, I like them better than every other .22 pistol I've shot.

Angry

I have a Ruger MKII target Makes me look like a expert when I shooting. I bought a PT-22 Taurus the other day for daugther and playing. It failed to fire about 1/2 the time Its on way to factory I hope to see it back before summer fixed.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

Quote Originally Posted by michael t
    I have a Ruger MKII target Makes me look like a expert when I shooting. I bought a PT-22 Taurus the other day for daugther and playing. It failed to fire about 1/2 the time Its on way to factory I hope to see it back before summer fixed.
    Mike.. Th efailure rate on those is VERY high.. We've sold em, and bought em back, even though they've 'gone back to the Factory"

We've had several in a row, that failed. (ftf, fte, stovepipes etc)
    i'd go back, get something else, or just get a merchandise credt til something better came along..

Awesome responses everyone. I really appreciate your feedback and opinions. Looks like I'll skip the Sig and Walther since there seems to be so many problems with them. It all comes down to range time and practice. I want something that I can shoot at the range and have fun with. I don't want to be playing with it every other mag to get it to shoot. So, it looks like I'll be looking into the Ruger or Browning for my .22 fix.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

I'm perfectly happy with my Sig Mosquitos. I had one of the first ones available when they were first available, and a second in the OD green when those were made available.

I have a third threaded barrel version on order.

With proper ammo (which is what I've found most customers skimp on), mine have been 100%. Bare lead, like many 22 autos, is a no-no.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by gddyup
    Awesome responses everyone. I really appreciate your feedback and opinions. Looks like I'll skip the Sig and Walther since there seems to be so many problems with them. It all comes down to range time and practice. I want something that I can shoot at the range and have fun with. I don't want to be playing with it every other mag to get it to shoot. So, it looks like I'll be looking into the Ruger or Browning for my .22 fix.
    Gddy, Come to the store some time and I'll go thru a lot of the 22s we have in stock with you. We'll get one just right for YOU..Heck, you just may be surprised at what you really feel comfy with.. Let me know when you're coiming, and I'll check what we have both new and used..

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    Gddy, Come to the store some time and I'll go thru a lot of the 22s we have in stock with you. We'll get one just right for YOU..Heck, you just may be surprised at what you really feel comfy with.. Let me know when you're coiming, and I'll check what we have both new and used..
    Thanks Class! I appreciate it! I should be in the market by the first of the month if everything goes according to plan. I have the "go-ahead" from the boss so it's just a matter of finding out what the bottom line looks like once the taxes are done. As soon as I get the good word, I'll get in touch with ya and we'll come up with a plan. Thanks!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Out of all the .22 pistols i've owned, the Ruger mark III 22/45 is the best i had.

HARDCORE

Hardcore.......that's one CLASSY peice! they're a sure winner in my books!

OD*
    +1 on yours OD That's a NICE Pistol ya got there!
    Thank you Bob,

The HDs we get FLY out the door
    I do not doubt that one bit, sir.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

It's looking like it may very well be the 22/45 MKIII. I've just been nosying round the net and found prices in the $250 range in the local area...

That sound about right for the model P512MKIII? It's the 22/45 MKIII blued with the 5.5" bull barrel.....
    Firefighter/EMT

That price sounds about right

249.95 at the Store...............see ya there sometime

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links