I hate this kind of crap from gun dealer!

This is a discussion on I hate this kind of crap from gun dealer! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Look at this link and the posted video add for the Makarov on sale Home / This LGS should no better than run a video ...

Thread: I hate this kind of crap from gun dealer!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

Look at this link and the posted video add for the Makarov on sale Home/
    This LGS should no better than run a video add that's so outright wrong and misleading. This gun store should certainly know better, or they are purposely misleading potential customers to make a quick buck. Calling this handgun a "Russian Makarov" is absurd. Its looks to be a PA63 which is a Hungarian made gun based off the Walter PPK and chambered for 9x18. It not a bad handgun but many dealers, most who should no better like this guy in the video and others who are clueless pawn these and Polish P64 off a Makarovs but they are not. And he calls it a Russian Makarov to boot! Russia along with East German, Hungary, China and some others made true Makarovs. The gun in the video wholesales for about $170, so his price is high even for a PA63. I sent the manager an e mail explaining the error in their add. I am interested in the response!

This is a Makarov.

The other gun in the photo with the Mak is a CZ 82 also chambered in 9x18, They have a 12 round mag and are far superior to the PA63 or Polish P64 IMO.

These are not Makarov's, only chambered in the Makarov 9x18 round:

PA63 (9x18 mak)

Polish P64 (9x18 mak)
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I would call them back and tell them that you would like all your money back...if not, you will call your friends at BATF...
    BATF may just be interested in shoddy gun sales...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I would call them back and tell them that you would like all your money back...if not, you will call your friends at BATF...
    BATF may just be interested in shoddy gun sales...
    I ceratinly did not buy one of the "Makarovs", I just saw the add on their site. I actually have never been to this store just hate to see dealers like this mislead the buying public who don't know any better.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Wow! $250 for a $150 gun! That's what I'd be upset over! They should more accurately describe the pistol, no doubt about it.

EW3
    That's definitely a Hungarian PA-63 which is chambered in 9x18 Makarov, but it ain't a Makarov!

I've seen the same thing at gun show with "Polish Makarovs" for sale. Poland never made the standard Makarov like East Germany and Russia did. They created their own pistol that was chambered in 9x18 Makarov.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I shot a PA63 that a freind of mine bought for his wife for $150. I have to admit that I was impressed. I thought it would be a real piece of junk, but it was accurate and functioned well, but it is definately not a Russian Makarov.

Sounds like the dealer is trying to scam someone.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Sponsor
    Gun dealers aren't necessarily gun people.

You'd have to PROVE the dealer knew the differences and wasn't making an inadvertent mistake based on the guns caliber.

I've known a few people who didn't know the difference myself, which means that the dealer could very well not know the difference as well.

You yourself wrote "It not a bad handgun but many dealers, most who should no better like this guy in the video and others who are clueless pawn these and Polish P64 off a Makarovs but they are not."

A clueless dealer is not trying to scam someone.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Administrator
    I'll be honest, I wouldnt have known the difference; those types of guns just are not my cup of tea and I have no interest in them. However, if I were going to sell them I'd do a little research.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Wow, that PA63 looks amazingly similar in form and function to a Bersa Thunder.

Yea the ad was wrong in that it isn't an actual Makorav, but correct in that it shoots the Makorav cartridge, or the 9x18.

If someone bought it not knowing the difference between the manufacturers, then shame on them too for not knowing what they are buying.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Wow, that PA63 looks amazingly similar in form and function to a Bersa Thunder.
    The other way around?

I agree It is a PA63,but as far as the price if you notice it includes a holster,ammo,and range time,so that can make up a little of the difference.IIRC the PA63 used to sell for around $100.00 about a year ago
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links