Shooting gloves?

Shooting gloves?

This is a discussion on Shooting gloves? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've got an interesting question for those that are more schooled than me. I have gotten my SO involved in my shooting fixation. We two, ...

Thread: Shooting gloves?

Shooting gloves?

I've got an interesting question for those that are more schooled than me.

I have gotten my SO involved in my shooting fixation. We two, and my son, have finished our CHL class and mailed our applications.

She shoots a Bersa .380 and recently we came across some ammo that was really dirty. She asked about some type of shooting gloves. Don't know that I have ever heard of such a thing. My response was, "well, those might keep your hands clean while we are here at the range, but what would you do if you were in a situation where you needed to pull your weapon and use it? Would you ask the perp to wait a moment while you put your gloves on?" Of course, that didn't go well. So my question is, has or does anyone make any type of glove designed for shooters?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Obviously, they make them, but I would never wear them. I like the feel of metal to the skin, and as you said, that's probably how it is going to be in 'situation'.

I have seen people wear gloves when shooting skeet, but not with pistolas...especially in this warm weather (FL).
    Even when I lived in the Nothern MI woods, I did not practice with gloves on...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a set of Oakley assault gloves that I have to wear while downrange, they are ok for shooting with, but I prefer to not wear gloves while shooting. Gloves make it harder to do precise finger movements and such, so operating the controls of your weapon can become impaired. It took a little while to get used to pulling the trigger with gloves on. Just my opinion.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    I don't recommend gloves, but if she want's some to wear, get her golf gloves, light weight, very thin, should give her decent feel.

You can buy them at any reputable gun store. I wear them in the summer when shooting outdoors as my hands sweat and the gun will twist when I fire it. Other than that I don't use them.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I work outside. So in the winter I tend to wair gloves so I pratice shooting in them. But I do not have the same feel for the triger.

i use golf gloves for my xp-100 guns (7mm-308 and 30-223) and with my t/c in 7tcu. for other cals i do not use them.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

My wife got some "full Coverage" golf gloves - thin and supple. She loves them if we're shooting "dirty" ammo.

You can get both left and right handed for a true pair.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I've heard of folks wanting gloves for tender hands, but DIRTY? Buy her a box of disposable rubber gloves.
    I can guess who has to pick up that filthy brass when you're done shooting!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Gloves would help if you are shooting a smith & wesson in 44 mag or a 454 cassel. After about 50 rounds either one can beat your hands up. If the rounds you are shooting are dirty you can always wash your hands. If you have to use the gun to protect your self you will not have the luxury of taking the time to put gloves on.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I've heard of folks wanting gloves for tender hands, but DIRTY? Buy her a box of disposable rubber gloves.
    I can guess who has to pick up that filthy brass when you're done shooting!
    Hey AZ, it's called "Marital Harmony"....Like when I get a cast iron skillet upside the head, my head rings in harmony.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Man, I'm glad I'm single!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I always use blue nitrile gloves when working on my car. She'll look a little strange, but it'll work. They're a lot tougher than regular surgical gloves, which break pretty easily if you poke them with anything.

I'm trying for a Reserve Deputy position. So I have been practicing with gloves ( Kevlar ) to get used to them. I laso have a Kel-Tec P3AT and a P11. Long days at the range with these two can be hard on the hands. So gloves help for me in my situation.
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

Sponsored Links