A good reason for more than one pistol

This is a discussion on A good reason for more than one pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by samcol HAHA if you can shoot a snub .357 without cringing on every shot you can shoot ANY caliber out there IMO. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A good reason for more than one pistol

Quote Originally Posted by samcol View Post
    HAHA if you can shoot a snub .357 without cringing on every shot you can shoot ANY caliber out there IMO. Hats off to you if it's as accurate as running .38 specials through it too.

You are already shooting 2 of the hardest kicking weapons out there.

Actually I used the snub nose loaded with .38 for my concealed carry permit class. There was a lot of shooting since the class was actually a NRA certification class for home/personal defense. The .357 didn't seem to bother me even with .357 and I have the average medium build as far as wrist size, muscle build and strength. The new local gun shop has what they call Range Guns that they will let you shoot as long as you buy the ammo to see if you like the the caliber and in some cases the model weapon. I may have to pay them a visit real soon.

2. Remove Ads

X=N+1 What the heck is that! If that is the proper equation, then I will Always need another Gun! Oh well numbers don't lie. I am off to the gun store. Again and again, that darn (+1) is just mocking me! I"ll teach that darn(+1).

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    My opinion is to limit the number of calibers but to have a least a few. You want a few so you can use other ammo from other sources in an emergency and you only want a few so you can acquire reasonable inventories of your few chosen calibers without breaking the bank.

I like to have two hand guns for each caliber. I'm actually thinking of dropping one caliber but for me it would logically be the .45 and I just like shooting a .45 so...

I have....
    2 pocket .380's
    2 Kahr 9mm's
    3 .38 revolvers (1 of which can shoot .357
    1 .45
    2 .22's (1 revolver, 1 semi)

I have the same thing going in rifles...

2 .223s
    2 .243s
    3 .22's

Then there are the odd calibers
    1 .204
    1 .308
    1 7mm 08

I'm currently working on doubling up on shotguns as I only have one semi 12ga for hunting so I'd like to add a 870 express w/18.5" barrel.

I'm also thinking it's wise to have a carbine in the same caliber as your primary handgun calibers so....

I'm waiting for a Marlin 1894C in .357 to come in and I'd like to have a Berretta CX4 in 9mm.

Hmm that would just about cover it I think. Notice I stayed away from .40. It's too snappy for me..

So get yourself another pistol in the same caliber and i'd recommend a minimum of two primary calibers such as 9mm and .38 or 9mm and .45, etc....

Just to complicate my search I saw a great looking pistol. Sig Sauer P239 SAS. Looks great, offered in 9mm, and is supposed to be very reliable and of great quality.

A P11 for each day of the week works for me. Im not there but Im working on it.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links