Buying at a gun show - Florida

This is a discussion on Buying at a gun show - Florida within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I still havent received my CCL in the mail. If I happened to see something I really liked at the gun show in Tampa in ...

Thread: Buying at a gun show - Florida

Buying at a gun show - Florida

I still havent received my CCL in the mail. If I happened to see something I really liked at the gun show in Tampa in 2 weeks, what is the usual procedure for the 3 day wait? Do they make me pick it up at a local gun store? If so, are there usually extra fees? thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You fill your paperwork as usual and yes, you will have to go to a specified gun store after the waiting period, get the NICS thing done and pay your fees. There shouldn't be any extra fees but then again it depends on the seller & the gun store.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

When I bought my first pistol while awaiting my CCW I looked at all of the vendors. I didn't really know to look for a store that was in my area. I noticed the booth for University Gun and pawn, and worked out a deal on my G27. I filled out my paperwork, and paid cash at the show. then on the Thursday after the show was over I was able to pick up my pistol. The three day wait doesn't include weekends. It's three full days. Also you'll notice a lot of the shops at the show will be from all around Fl. if your willing to drive a little you can pick-up, or a lot of the shops will network if they are out of town to leave the pistols with a local shop so you can pick-up locally. take a look around, and best of luck on your purchase..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

I'll be at that show.

So the question is, If I have my Florida CCW can I buy and take home that day, or is there still the 3 day waiting period?

VIP Member
    You take it home.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by rex03 View Post
    When I bought my first pistol while awaiting my CCW I looked at all of the vendors. I didn't really know to look for a store that was in my area. I noticed the booth for University Gun and pawn, and worked out a deal on my G27. I filled out my paperwork, and paid cash at the show. then on the Thursday after the show was over I was able to pick up my pistol. The three day wait doesn't include weekends. It's three full days. Also you'll notice a lot of the shops at the show will be from all around Fl. if your willing to drive a little you can pick-up, or a lot of the shops will network if they are out of town to leave the pistols with a local shop so you can pick-up locally. take a look around, and best of luck on your purchase..
    I bought my Mossy 590A1 from the same people... at least your experience with them was pleasant. I'll never use them again. They sold me a "new in box" 590...I got home and it wouldn't eject shells. I went back the next day to the show to talk to the owner and he basically blew me off and said call Mossberg...without even looking at the shotty....
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Quote Originally Posted by drjk View Post
    I still havent received my CCL in the mail. If I happened to see something I really liked at the gun show in Tampa in 2 weeks, what is the usual procedure for the 3 day wait? Do they make me pick it up at a local gun store? If so, are there usually extra fees? thanks
    For what it's worth, I was at the show in Melbourne last week and bought a .22 revolver. I have my CCL, so I took it home with me (another good reason to have CCL). The guy behind me didn't have his, so he had the option of driving 2+ hours to the sellers place of business, or picking it up at a local shop, in 3 days. But, with that he was told the local dealer would charge a transfer fee.

I would imagine this is standard practice. I think the local dealer is going to have to do a lot of paper work with ATF and you really can't expect him to do it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    You take it home.
    No.
    I've bought from the Tampa gun show and had to return to the store and pick it up three working days later.
    No extra charges, all will be paid for at the show.

Like Miggy said, if you have a Florida Concealed Weapon Permit, there is no waiting period to take the gun home. I've done it several times.

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarmillMan View Post
    Like Miggy said, if you have a Florida Concealed Weapon Permit, there is no waiting period to take the gun home. I've done it several times.
    What he said !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    No.
    I've bought from the Tampa gun show and had to return to the store and pick it up three working days later.
    No extra charges, all will be paid for at the show.
    With a CWP? Somebody made you walk/drive extra for no reason.
    The only reason I see that you had your CWP and told you that you had to pick up your gun at a store is because the guy was not a dealer and could not call FDLE for a background check.
    Randy Cain.

Links