ABC Scaring Parents About Kids' Friends Gun-Owning Parents - Page 2

ABC Scaring Parents About Kids' Friends Gun-Owning Parents

This is a discussion on ABC Scaring Parents About Kids' Friends Gun-Owning Parents within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't like people that handle/store guns improperly, that don't take the time to educate their children about guns and gun safety as well as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABC Scaring Parents About Kids' Friends Gun-Owning Parents

I don't like people that handle/store guns improperly, that don't take the time to educate their children about guns and gun safety as well as teach them to shoot when they're old enough, and I almost dislike people who don't own guns, as much. I love guns, I don't understand people that don't love guns, but I believe they have the right to be who they want to be.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    More children die from drowning. Find out if the parents own a swimming pool.
    More children die from fire (smoke inhalation). Find out if the parents own matches or lighters.
    More children die in motor vehicle accidents. Find out if the parents own a car.
    More children die from poisoning by ingesting household chemicals. Find out if the parents own any of these.

You know what... I have a better idea. Get off your lazy ass and meet the parents of your child's friend. Assess for yourself what kind of people they are and whether or not you want your kid being left in their care.

It's called "parenting" and people need to start doing it.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    I don't like people that handle/store guns improperly, that don't take the time to educate their children about guns and gun safety as well as teach them to shoot when they're old enough, and I almost dislike people who don't own guns, as much. I love guns, I don't understand people that don't love guns, but I believe they have the right to be who they want to be.
    You don't have to love guns to be a gun owner, you just need the right mindset. If you are a freedom loving person who believes in the right to self preservation, I think you would fit the personality of a potential gun owner. I know quite a few people who own one or two guns and that is it, they have them just in case, and they go about their other hobbies and interests. It is unfortunate that so many people buy maybe a shotgun or pistol, load it up and throw it into a closet or dresser drawer never to be seen again. They don't train with their firearm, they figure its good enough to defend the home. I don't dislike those who choose not to own a gun, that is their choice, I made the choice to own and love guns.

I agree that regardless of whether you own guns or not, if you have kids, you should educate them about guns. Sooner or later they will be exposed to them, that is almost a guaranteed thing.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Before arranging a playdate, definately ask about guns. If they don't own any is it because of felony convictions, insanity, drug or alchohol problems, domestic violence, dishonorable discharge from the service, or citizenship issues, or are they just bliss-ninnies?

That was excellent!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links