Saturday's Gun Show in Florence, SC

This is a discussion on Saturday's Gun Show in Florence, SC within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ill be working the Grass Roots Gun Rights table with "hphobo" from 9am til 1pm on Saturday. It will be at the Florence Civic Center ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ill be working the Grass Roots Gun Rights table with "hphobo" from 9am til 1pm on Saturday. It will be at the Florence Civic Center as usual. Stop by and say hello if you can!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I'll be there too. We'll try to stop by and say hello.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    That is awful tempting, but my 1st-3rd girls soccer team has it first match Saturday and I won't be able to get out of the upstate.

I plan on being there at least for a little while

I'll see ya there. Should be there around 1000-1030
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it is called, Present.

I plan on sticking my head in the door Saturday as well.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Excellent gentlemen! Ill be the good looking guy working the table LOL

Ill leave the cowboy hat in the van for this one...
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I might try and swing on through as well.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

I'm going to buy at least one handgun, possibly two. Also, hoping there might be some 7.62 x 39 rounds available.

I wont buy anything. At least I hope I dont. My wife will kill me. Ive been dropping around $100 a week for the last month on guns. That aint counting ammo.

Not to mention after I work the booth I gotta head home to try to complete the barn Im closing in....
    New tunes added.

Well I went to the show and was pleasantly surprised. It seems gun prices have become a bit more reasonable when compared to the prices at the show we had back in January. I saw several new Glocks for under $500. On the other hand ammo prices were through the roof. But I guess that should have been expected with the current state of the ammo market.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

+1on the ammo. It was expensive. I got a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact.
    We went out on the farm and I fired 50 rounds. I love it. I love it. Surprisingly, the wife decided to go with me. I let her fire the Hi-Point C9. Her first outing with a pistol. She shot very well for her first outing. She's already talking about going back out tomorrow. Here is the kicker. I told her that once I got comfortable with the Bersa, I would teach her. This would be her gun. Me. I getting me that G26. :)

Also, met the gang over at Grass Roots. Great guys. Y'all get out there and support them.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Excellent gentlemen! Ill be the good looking guy working the table LOL

Ill leave the cowboy hat in the van for this one...
    Well for sure I learned something about All American....He DOES stretch the truth just a bit!!! Not only was he NOT the good looking one at the table he also had on his cowboy hat ... With all that being said...Nice to Meet Ya All American. Hope you had a chance to spend that "allowance money" that was burning a hole in your pocket.

I couldn't believe the prices on ammo. I'll just keep checking in and out at Wally World. I'm bound to catch a box or two every now and then. I did spend some money however. I bought me a Spyderco Endura, which will now become my primary carry folder. So I enjoyed the show and loved just listening to some of the folks that were shopping. Lot's of people out that were looking for their first handgun, especially women with their husbands/boyfriends. That's good to see! Now if all will get their CCW and start training, training, training.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I drove over to Florence for the show. Didn't buy anything but I did join Grassroots SC and said hi to AllAmerican.

I was mainly looking for primers, but didn't find any. In fact, I noticed a distinct lack of reloading supplies of any sort (no primers, bullets, brass, or even ammo boxes). Is this a sign of the times, or just typical for this particular show?

Ammo was definitely expensive. A lot of the people buying seemed to be new gun owners looking for SD rounds, rather than plinking ammo. I noticed a lot of ARs and AKs. Prices are still up dramatically from last October, but availability doesn't seem to be a problem. High capacity magazines were in evidence as well, and some of the booths actually had pretty reasonable prices (one guy was selling PMAGs for 20 bucks a piece, a far cry from some of the gouging I've seen and heard about since the election).

I too was pleasantly surprised at the show today. First, It was wonderful to meet the DC folk at the show. "Which one of you guys is AllAmerican?" was heard at the table from you guys and you even had my partner at the table ready to get involved here (he is a member put hasnt chimed in)

Yes, I enjoyed meeting you folks there for sure. Sgt... I actually didnt buy anything thought I almost bought a Mosin. I almost bought a Shotty too but alas, even though the prices were in line on many of the guns, I just couldnt pull the trigger (pun intended)

Ammo? Jeepers! Did you guys see the dude selling the WWB 9mm 100 count for $40? I laughed at him as I walked by and he managed to give me a dirty look.

I can tell you that it wasnt as crowded as the last show there.

I saw a guy walk by the table with a case of 7.62 x 39 and we asked what he gave. It was $330 OTD so that was only $30 more than I paid a month or so ago for a case.

We managed to sign up 9 or 10 people as Grass Roots Gun Rights members over the course of the 4 hours. I thought that was pretty darned good.

People ARE concerned about their gun rights.

I appreciate you guys. I really do.
    New tunes added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links