Just me and QK: shot my modified G-17 again-just kidding the rest of you can read too

Just me and QK: shot my modified G-17 again-just kidding the rest of you can read too

This is a discussion on Just me and QK: shot my modified G-17 again-just kidding the rest of you can read too within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ran another 200 rounds through the G-17 I tuned the trigger on. That's now 250 rounds without a single problem. This time I just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just me and QK: shot my modified G-17 again-just kidding the rest of you can read too

Senior Moderator

I ran another 200 rounds through the G-17 I tuned the trigger on. That's now 250 rounds without a single problem.

This time I just shot the G-17. The four fastest splits were .13, .13, .13, .14. That's a little misleading because I can't do it on demand - yet. I seem to be more consistent with my Sig 226.

Most of the splits were up in the .16 - .18 range which seems a bit slow, but maybe I'm not fully acclimated to the trigger yet. Or maybe that's as good as it's going to get.

Anyway, it's lookin' good right now.

Assistant Administrator
    That's an encouraging 200 rounds
    .16 - .18 range which seems a bit slow
    Ron - that does not seem too slow to me
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Are those splits just shooting into a backstop or on targets?

My fastest splits are .18 but that's shooting 8" steel plates at 10 yards (five of them) and transitioning between targets.

See how the target info makes a difference?

-----

I just got a new G17 and have run just over 400 rounds through it without any issues, unsuprisingly.

I usually do a $0.25 trigger job on them and go with a 3.5lb disconnector, but this one had such a good trigger out of the box I'm leaving it alone.

Senior Moderator
    Well, I'll have to confirm this, but seems like I used to run about .15, .16, .17s with my Sig. I guess the Glock times are ok, but I've had Sig times where I have had .13 splits back to back in consecutive 5 shot strings.

I'm probably expecting too much from a Glock; I mean when you're use to the best, etc. I just had to say that.

BTW, Chris, guess what I carried yesterday and today? Yep, you guessed it, my Sig 226R! I think I'm too Signified to move too far from a Sig for too long.

I was kinda mystified on the first "re-familiarization" "dry-draw" with my Sig after carrying a Glock for about a week. I thought the front sight had fallen off. Then I realized I was pointing low because of the acclimation to the Glock's grip angle - that's kinda scary.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by oregonshooter
    Are those splits just shooting into a backstop or on targets?

My fastest splits are .18 but that's shooting 8" steel plates at 10 yards (five of them) and transitioning between targets.

See how the target info makes a difference?

-----

I just got a new G17 and have run just over 400 rounds through it without any issues, unsuprisingly.

I usually do a $0.25 trigger job on them and go with a 3.5lb disconnector, but this one had such a good trigger out of the box I'm leaving it alone.
    B-27 at 3 yards. Absolutely no way I could do 0.18 splits on 8" steel plates at 10 yards.

Yes you could. If you shot 200 rounds on just that drill and were flying by the seat of your pants "hoping" you were indexing right. :)

They were not aimed shots, just banging the trigger and swingin my arms in an arc.

Actually, now that I think of it... this was done with my old IPSC gun, a 1911, not a Glock. I gotta get another timer and see where I am at with the G17.

Senior Moderator
    It is true that I suspend accuracy to some degree, to focus on and build speed. But, I still want most of the shots in the 9 ring, but I'll accept some in the 8 ring.

And, OH BOY, and tomorrow is the next shoot day!

Administrator
    Tangle...putting the Tupperware Plastic Pistola through its paces & banging them out there big time.
    I'm sure that I'm not the only one that appreciates your Glocker Updates...I'm the only one that will admit it maybe.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    ...I'm sure that I'm not the only one that appreciates your Glocker Updates...I'm the only one that will admit it maybe.
    LOL! Maybe so. But check out the thread "Man that's a trigger..." - are we seeing a paradigm shift regarding the significance of trigger actions?

Administrator

Talking Tangle

"But, I still want most of the shots in the 9 ring, but I'll accept some in the 8 ring."

The 8 RING ???

Where is THAT 8 Ring ...is that the one really big, huge ring that surrounds the 9 Ring?
    Is that the 8 Ring that you're talking about?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    "But, I still want most of the shots in the 9 ring, but I'll accept some in the 8 ring."

The 8 RING ???

Where is THAT 8 Ring ...is that the one really big, huge ring that surrounds the 9 Ring?
    Is that the 8 Ring that you're talking about?
    Ha Ha! It's the ring that would just about touch your nipples and your belly button.

It's a lot harder to speed up a Bullseye shooter than accurize a spaztic IPSC shooter. :)

Once you get speed, start over and work on trigger reset, and the accuracy will be there allready!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    LOL! Maybe so. But check out the thread "Man that's a trigger..." - are we seeing a paradigm shift regarding the significance of trigger actions?
    The difference between those two threads is:

"I bought this used 1986 Volvo and it actually runs pretty good but the brakes keep squeaking no matter what I do..."

And:

"I have a custom 2005 Ferrari with a proprietary 805 horsepower engine of my own design and I'm wondering if I adjusted the fuel injectors slightly could I get 3% more output from 92 octane fuel?"

Nothing wrong with either one...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    The difference between those two threads is:

"I bought this used 1986 Volvo and it actually runs pretty good but the brakes keep squeaking no matter what I do..."

And:

"I have a custom 2005 Ferrari with a proprietary 805 horsepower engine of my own design and I'm wondering if I adjusted the fuel injectors slightly could I get 3% more output from 92 octane fuel?"

Nothing wrong with either one...
    Keep it up Euc, you're just diggin' a deeper hole to get out of when you see what a difference a good trigger makes in your 220.

Whats the trigger pull holding at?...

You guys must be rich to have timers jezz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links