What is your biggest complaint about gun laws in your state?

This is a discussion on What is your biggest complaint about gun laws in your state? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just curious what residents in other states complain about their state gun laws. For myself in PA it's not being able to transport a firearm ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your biggest complaint about gun laws in your state?

Just curious what residents in other states complain about their state gun laws. For myself in PA it's not being able to transport a firearm in a vehicle w/o a CC permit except only in route to a range with no stops. Here in PA anyone can OC w/o a permit but without a permit you can't transport the gun in your vehicle so what good is you can only take your gun to the range and home again. What's your state like?

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    No open carry period....and the carry while camping is a little confusing. Im still not sure if I can open carry while camping. Then again never really looked that one up fully.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

the no-carry on school property

- Florida
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Great question...I think the school grounds issue and sporting/concert events.

Rick

The confusing,never understood,often debated "Public gathering" law.
    It has been brought up the last two Legislative sessions but never made it out of committee.

Florida (which has pretty good gun laws):

confusing "gun-free zones" regulations (e.g. bars vs. resteraunts). I would rather be able to carry anytime.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

That there are any at all that infringe on law-abiding citizens' RKBA. "Requiring" me to get the government's approval to exercise my RKBA however I see fit. "Prohibiting" me from doing so in certain places.

I am not a criminal.

I am not an enemy of the State.

I am a law-abiding human being (and, therefore, a holder of the natural, God-given human right to keep and bear arms) and citizen of the United States, meaning that my state is constitutionally prohibited from infringing on that right pursuant to the 2nd Amendment made applicable to the states via the 14th Amendment. The fact that the state goes ahead and does so nonetheless does not make it legitimate--much less so "right."

That I have been disenfranchised in many aspects of my natural, God-given, human RKBA by my and other states as well as the federal government is my biggest complaint about gun laws.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XDFender View Post
    That there are any at all that infringe on law-abiding citizens' RKBA. "Requiring" me to get the government's approval to exercise my RKBA however I see fit. "Prohibiting" me from doing so in certain places.

I am not a criminal.

I am a law-abiding human being (and, therefore, a holder of the natural, God-given human right to keep and bear arms) and citizen of the United States, meaning that my state is constitutionally prohibited from infringing on that right pursuant to the 2nd Amendment made applicable to the states via the 14th Amendment. The fact that the state goes ahead and does so nonetheless does not make it legitimate--much less so "right."

That I have been disenfranchised in many aspects of my natural, God-given, human RKBA by my and other states as well as the federal government is my biggest complaint about gun laws.

I couldn't have said it better
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFender View Post

I am not a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I couldn't have said it better
    Same here!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

For specifically gun laws no carry by _licensed_ persons on school property.
    I have to go home and disarm myself before then getting back in the car to take my kids to the local parks of which three of four are part of or amongst school grounds. A major PITA.
    Also I have been in a class that has been hosted at a local school the past 11 weeks running 3 or more hours long.
    Again I have to go unarmed in order to be lawful.

Aside from that I would take out the MA provision toward being able to deny or revoke firearm permit of any sort on the non-defined premise of character as interpreted by the issuing agent/police chief.

These two are my primary bugaboos and concerns as in regard to sensibility and fairness.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    In Texas, the laundry list of places off-limits to licensed folks is vexing. There are so many places where my wife cannot carry, but I, as a peace officer, can carry, that when together, one the two weapons on my belt is understood to be for her to grab in an emergency. An unintended consequence of no-gun zones is that many weapons are left inside vehicles as a result, and the daily harvest of these guns by car burglars is scandalous.

Open carry would be a nice option, in the oppressive summer heat. I open-carry in police uniform 50+ hours a week, and really don't understand what all the fuss is about. Yes, open carry does mean being in a heightened state of alert, but then, we should be on such alert, anyway, IMHO, concealed carry or not. (I can actually legally carry openly, being a peace officer, but my chief can spank me for carrying openly when not in uniform.)

I wish open carry was statewide here in Missouri. Currently, OC can be denied by individual towns. Without tremendous research, OCing through the many townships near St. Louis is a quick ticket to arrest.

Can not carry into restaurant that serves alcohol. I do not drink while CC'ing, but it would be nice to not have to disarm when I go out to eat.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

VIP Member
    In general any law infringing on my right as a law abiding citizen to carry. If you want a specific law, no conceal carry in restaurants that sell alcohol for on premise consumption.

I live in New York, I have no rights

I'm also pretty sure I need a passport to go to any other state

This place sux, and it's made all the worse because we have the pleasure of Chucky Schumcky. living here
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links