Christmas in April

This is a discussion on Christmas in April within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Came home last week from picking up a couple of guns for the wife to find the mailman left presents. My BK2 , BK7, BK9, ...

Thread: Christmas in April

Christmas in April

Came home last week from picking up a couple of guns for the wife to find the mailman left presents. My BK2, BK7, BK9, BK11 and the Edge-Pro, Pro2 Kit was waiting here for me. Feels like Christmas in April. Now I will have a second BK2 to pretty up and EDC Here is a couple of quickie pics.

left to right XD 9mm, Edge-Pro Pro 2 Kit, Stoeger Cougar 9mm, BK7, BK9, BK2, BK11 and Rugar 10/22

Edge-Pro Pro 2 Kit, BK7, BK9, BK2, BK11

Kershaw Outcast included for scale, BK9, BK7, BK2, BK2 (old), and BK11. The second BK2 is my first one and has seen some heavy use. Not nearly as new as it looks. Feel like a kid at Christmas. The Edge Pro 2 Kits is a bona-fide professional sharpener it may very well be the Becker or XD of knife sharpeners. Just had a chance to do my Kershaw Outlaw folder, my wife's folder and the older BK2 but in just a few strokes this thing puts a polished razor edge on. The real test is when I do the D2 steel on the Outcast.

The BECKERS WOW these are serious affordable working blades. Each one is well under $100 and easily as good as many knives costing four times as much. I can not wait to get some cutting chopping and slicing done and give these beauties the review they deserve. An aside that first BK2 trimmed branches as well as the much larger Outcast. I really liked how it sliced through branches 3 quarter inch thick with never more than one stroke.

We've shot about 700 rounds through the Ruger. What a fun gun this really deserves a scope. Dead on accurate that every one in the family had a blast shooting. Small game, rodents don't have a prayer. For fun I put the Mako T-Grip off of the shot gun onto the Ruger and did some night shooting. The two worked perfectly together. We are about to be completely possum free I hate those things. nasty smelly over sized rats. Another Mako T-Grip in on order.

The XD is well an XD. IMO the best SD concealed carry gun made. An accurate great shooter that I expect will be as rock solid reliable as our XD.45 s. There is a reason that Clint Smith thinks that XD's are the premier polymer SD weapon and the one he carries. This one will be primarily my wife's range, practice gun. With the controls exactly the same as our XD.45s she will hit the range and practice with the 9 and carry the .45 for SD
    Now the Cougar. What a gun. Just slightly bigger than XD, with a slightly fatter grip that felt great in my hand. Even though it is all metal it weights about the same as the XD Every thing about this thing screams precision. Even the spent brass all seemed to drop in a nice neat little pile. I swear in 2 hundred rounds I don't think any of the brass fell more than four inches away from any other round. It shoots softer than the Bersa 380. There is barely any muzzle rise at all and no kick in the conventional sense. The Cougar kind of gives a soft steady straight back push. It needs new sights as they are tiny and hard to see for these old eyes. As Sixto said long ago it is going to be a pain to find some. Still this may very well be the most accurate handgun I have ever seen. If I carried a 9mm this would be a great carry weapon if you like 1911 style manual controls and do not mind SA/DA. It is the easiest gun to break down and reassemble I have ever seen. When you do, you can see why this is a far more accurate gun that typical auto, straight forward solid tight simple elegant design. It is no wonder Berreta used this design on their new Storms. I think it may be the most innovate advancement to semi auto since the 1911, creating a whole new level of semi auto performance accuracy and reliability. I'd love to see an SA version of this design without a manual safety using something like the XD style intuitive controls instead.
    My wife loves her new toys so maybe now I will get the AR's and BBQ gun
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

Very very nice! I've got a bunch of new toys waiting on me at home as well.

You like the custom stock on your 10/22? Been thinking about getting one but the last time I bought a composite stock was for my SKS and it wieghed a TON!
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." ~Thomas Jefferson~

"...Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." ~Nehemiah 4:14~

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSig View Post
    Very very nice! I've got a bunch of new toys waiting on me at home as well.

You like the custom stock on your 10/22? Been thinking about getting one but the last time I bought a composite stock was for my SKS and it wieghed a TON!
    It's a Tapco stock. Came that way from Cabelas and it is light as a feather can hold the whole gun up with my pinky. The lock is heavier than the gun. They had this and a bull barreled target version for more than double. I like the stock. Simple clean functional design it has well placed weaver rails to add a scope or a Makeo-T Grip as I will be doing. With nice clean covers if you opt not to use them.
    Last edited by LongRider; April 17th, 2009 at 02:00 PM.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I'll have to shop around. I'm trying to see if it's more cost effective to upgrade my current 10/22 with a bull barrel and Tapco stock, or just buy a new one with those options (or at least the bull barrel).

We shall see...

"...Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." ~Nehemiah 4:14~

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSig View Post
    I'll have to shop around. I'm trying to see if it's more cost effective to upgrade my current 10/22 with a bull barrel and Tapco stock, or just buy a new one with those options (or at least the bull barrel).

We shall see...
    The bull barrel was on a 10/22 set up for competition marksman shooting. It had a laminated wood stock with a thumb holed pistol griped stock, a competition trigger, scope etc. Not at all the same as what the Tapco stock is designed for, which is more of a light weight quick shooter. Either set up was cheaper modded out of the factory than if we had bought the 10/22 and than customized it. In our case about $100 cheaper which is the price of the tapco stock set up off of the shelf. The competition version was much more as would have been the savings.

Reckon I'll just upgrade the stock. I'll start saving my pennies now.

Links