My wife is cool...

My wife is cool...

This is a discussion on My wife is cool... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We spent the whole day today spending money. $300 for dinig room chairs (6), $300 for tires for her car, $270 for new front end ...

Thread: My wife is cool...

My wife is cool...

We spent the whole day today spending money. $300 for dinig room chairs (6), $300 for tires for her car, $270 for new front end work on her car, $22 for 666 rounds of .22LR. Another $1200 for the barn and posts to do the fence for the goats, cows etc....

Then she says, "I know you have a gun you want and I know you're working the gun show tomorrow. Try to keep it at $350.00 cause I know you're gonna buy something"

So... My gun shop buddy has a 9mm EAA Witness for $350.00

Should I get it? or... should I buy some odds and ends for the other guns?

I bought 4 slings today for some rifles and I bought 2 scopes for the .22 rifles. Anyone heard of CenterPoint? I mounted one on the 597 and it really is pretty good.

I could use some odds and ends but....Ammo would be a good buy though I have plenty.

Watcha think?
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    We spent the whole day today spending money. $300 for dinig room chairs (6), $300 for tires for her car, $270 for new front end work on her car, $22 for 666 rounds of .22LR. Another $1200 for the barn and posts to do the fence for the goats, cows etc....

Then she says, "I know you have a gun you want and I know you're working the gun show tomorrow. Try to keep it at $350.00 cause I know you're gonna buy something"

So... My gun shop buddy has a 9mm EAA Witness for $350.00

Should I get it? or... should I buy some odds and ends for the other guns?

I bought 4 slings today for some rifles and I bought 2 scopes for the .22 rifles. Anyone heard of CenterPoint? I mounted one on the 597 and it really is pretty good.

I could use some odds and ends but....Ammo would be a good buy though I have plenty.

Watcha think?
    I usually don't have too much trouble buying ammo. 9mm and .380 target rounds have been difficult for some consumers to find.

for a couple weeks it was getting hard to find though so...

My loving wife went to Cabela's and bought me 2,000 rounds of 115 9mm FMJ.
    It is reloaded but clean. The casings on most 9mm are good for 4-5 reloads. I paid about $.20/round for 9mm. More than I thought it was worth but better than nothing. She did this for me. I feel fortunate that she cares about my interests even though I probably would not have done this.

The next day I got lucky at Wally world and was able to find another 300 rounds of 9mm and 400 .22LR HP.

For now, I don't think of shooting .380, .357 Sig or any .45 ACP at a target range.

Update on what I mentioned about my order from Cabela's. I canceled it at 10:45 pm tonight after finding it was not due to ship before June 15. 2009.
    It was not a great deal anyway. My wife was just trying to help, even though she used my plastic card.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Sponsored Links