the NRA

This is a discussion on the NRA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by XDOwner No organization is perfect. I was out for a while, then back in. Recently I purchased a lifetime membership because I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the NRA

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XDOwner View Post
    No organization is perfect. I was out for a while, then back in. Recently I purchased a lifetime membership because I think they to more to preserve and advance our 2A rights than anyone and I want those rights to remain for future generations.
    Exactly XDOwner, I don't always agree, so I'm back in now and forever for it's the best thing going for our rights.

Question, XDOwner - what caliber? I have the .40 (Love it).
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

2. Remove Ads

NRA

Go to the NRA web site and look at the goals of the organization. The NRA is the premier organization for protecting our 2nd amendment rights. The gentleman was very misinformed.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Three good groups to join ! I wonder if the clerk,who's bashing the NRA is a dues paying member ? I bet he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    I was visiting a local gunstore today, called Target World, and enjoying myself looking at the fine selection of weapons there. I was having a conversation with the guy behind the counter and happened to mention that I am a memeber of the NRA.

The man started off on this rant saying how "the NRA has been selling us out for a long time wanting to control our rights to carry", and other such dribble that I knew could not be possible.

I discussed this with another friend of mine, who agrees that this is not the case with the NRA as they have done tremendous work for protecting our firearms right including many cases where they have been a major component to helping a state achieve right to carry advancements. Plus, they are ran by a fine group of Republicans and have even managed to attract a few very pro-gun Democrats as well, like that one female senator whose name escapes me at the moment.

What do you guys think?

Grammar is a our friend.
    They are run, not 'ran'. Sorry, had to do it.

The NRA is a solid supporter of gun owners and gun rights. Do they do every little thing I would like them to do? No of course not. Nobody does. Sometimes you have to pick your battles in order to win the war and I may not always agree with everything they do as a result.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

DCT
    As others have stated, the NRA is not perfect .. but they are the loudest voice that we as gun owners & pro second amendment supporters have (IMHO). There are a few other org's that I personally belong to such as RMGO, but personally I'm counting on the NRA to be our primary voice in DC!

I would have to imagine that like any form of political decisions there is give and take and some will chose to dwell purely on what was given up versus what was gained. We may not like it .. but it's reality.
    ** Sig P229 (9mm / .40) w/ CT / Walther PPS / Glock 27 / Kimber CDP Pro II **

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    The NRA is a solid supporter of gun owners and gun rights. Do they do every little thing I would like them to do? No of course not. Nobody does. Sometimes you have to pick your battles in order to win the war and I may not always agree with everything they do as a result.
    Agree, if there was no NRA, we wouldn't have weapons today. Been NRA from 1967.Some times people don't read or hear the whole story and assume the worst.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Some of these gun store employees like to hear themselves talk. I am thankful for the NRA, and I am a member. You always have to consider the source.

By the way, I spoke at an event, and encouraged people not to use foul language. I heard someone in the crowd shout "freedom of speech." I think that we have to deal with the reality that we need to express ourselves well to be taken seriously. You have the right to walk around with your finger up your nose, but don't expect to influence change in the hearts and minds of people if you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    ok i was at target world.. looking at their guns and a mention i'm a
    member of the NRA, the guy behind the counter said they've been
    selling us out for a long time wanting to control our rights to carry
    a good friend of mine told me that the guy was full of crapola
    yea they are ran by republicans i bet no one here knew
    there's a woman whose a democrate whose a life time member
    she's on the senate, i can't think of her name
    IMHO there are some NRA people who actually scare me MORE THAN the anti gun losers... there was one youtube video of an NRA board member who claimed to "support" the 2nd Amendment yet he said in an interview that "high capacity guns have no legitimate use" and that guns holding more than 5 rounds should be outlawed... he sounded like a brady campaign poster boy!
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

If there was no NRA, there wouldn't be any guns.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorw View Post
    Some of these gun store employees like to hear themselves talk. I am thankful for the NRA, and I am a member. You always have to consider the source.

By the way, I spoke at an event, and encouraged people not to use foul language. I heard someone in the crowd shout "freedom of speech." I think that we have to deal with the reality that we need to express ourselves well to be taken seriously. You have the right to walk around with your finger up your nose, but don't expect to influence change in the hearts and minds of people if you do that.
    Huh... tell me what you think of this video? NRA board member that sounds more like a Brady ad campaign.

YouTube - NRA board member Joaquin Jackson, the enemy with in
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

I work at a state ran shooting range and a couple of full timers actually sound like the Brady Bunch - "I don't see the need for ____" (hi cap mags, AR15's (but want the Remington R15), AK, SKS's, etc). Drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    I work at a state ran shooting range and a couple of full timers actually sound like the Brady Bunch - "I don't see the need for ____" (hi cap mags, AR15's (but want the Remington R15), AK, SKS's, etc). Drives me nuts.
    Fools don't get it. It's all guns that they want, if we don't stick together you well lose your weapons and your rights.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Speaking of the NRA, I just received my NRA membership package in the mail today after following the link to the free NRA membership. I filled out the little survey and the free accident protection form, at least I hope its free, it said it was. I also extended my membership to add on another year using their discounted offer. Anyway, it feels good to be part of the biggest 2A organization in the country.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

The NRA is the big dog in the fight! The NRA is the organization that the Libs and media love to hate! They are, by far, the loudest voice for gun rights!

Join Now: NRA...National Rifle Association
    SAF...Second Amendment Foundation
    GOA...Gun Owners Of America

These amongst many other local organizations are your friends!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links