the NRA - Page 3

the NRA

This is a discussion on the NRA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The NRA is the biggest gun organization in this country. Which means it is a large, inefficient, bureaucratic organization whose first priority is its own ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the NRA

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    The NRA is the biggest gun organization in this country. Which means it is a large, inefficient, bureaucratic organization whose first priority is its own continued existence. (It is also too moderate for my tastes.)

Does it have value? Sure. We need an organization large enough to get the national politicians' attention. Are there more effective groups? Most assuredly. The State level organizations, the SAF and GOA come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    I like three groups,
    The NRA, National Rifle Association
    THE GOA, Gun Owners of America
    The JPFO, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (No you do not have to be Jewish to join or donate)

Roger that. Agree with all three groups and yes, you do not have to be Jewish and I am not

Add the following groups:

SAS - Second Amendment Sisters
    SAF - Second Amendment Foundation
    CCRKBA - Citizens Com Right Keep and Bear Arms

Your State Rifle and Pistol Assoc
    Your State Shooting Sports Assoc

at least one prefer two local gun clubs

if available where you live get a CWP, CHL, or whatever they called

buy a License whether you do the activity or not for Hunting, Fishing, and Trapping

E-mail, fax, and phone your Senators and Reps at the National and State level on every Second Amendment, Hunting, etc issue along with County Commissioners, Mayor, Sheriff, Chief of Police, County and City Lawyers

The NRA is better than nothing I suppose. If the NRA isn't there who is going to protect our gun rights?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links