the NRA

This is a discussion on the NRA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ok i was at target world.. looking at their guns and a mention i'm a member of the NRA, the guy behind the counter said ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the NRA

the NRA

ok i was at target world.. looking at their guns and a mention i'm a
    member of the NRA, the guy behind the counter said they've been
    selling us out for a long time wanting to control our rights to carry
    a good friend of mine told me that the guy was full of crapola
    yea they are ran by republicans i bet no one here knew
    there's a woman whose a democrate whose a life time member
    she's on the senate, i can't think of her name
    Megatron: Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough.

2. Remove Ads

JEC
    Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    ...<snip>.... i bet no one here knew
    Would that be the new Senator from NY Kristen Gillibrand ?

that's her

VIP Member
    the guy behind the counter said they've been
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how misinformed it is. Saying the NRA is selling out gun owners is like saying the Brady Bunch are staunch supporters of the Second Amendment. It just doesn't hold water.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    ok i was at target world.. looking at their guns and a mention i'm a
    member of the NRA, the guy behind the counter said they've been
    a good friend of mine told me that the guy was full of crapola
    yea they are ran by republicans i bet no one here knew
    I was visiting a local gunstore today, called Target World, and enjoying myself looking at the fine selection of weapons there. I was having a conversation with the guy behind the counter and happened to mention that I am a memeber of the NRA.

The man started off on this rant saying how "the NRA has been selling us out for a long time wanting to control our rights to carry", and other such dribble that I knew could not be possible.

I discussed this with another friend of mine, who agrees that this is not the case with the NRA as they have done tremendous work for protecting our firearms right including many cases where they have been a major component to helping a state achieve right to carry advancements. Plus, they are ran by a fine group of Republicans and have even managed to attract a few very pro-gun Democrats as well, like that one female senator whose name escapes me at the moment.

What do you guys think?

Grammar is a our friend.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Outstanding SonofASniper.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Well since this is a site that promotes people to put down their thoughts. I don't feel we need the grammar police here to squash that right. That's no better then the anti-gunners in my view.

You keep posting megatron, don't mind them, they have nothing better to say, so they hammer on grammar.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion Megatron, this gentleman decided he would voice his against the NRA, to each their own. We know better and that's all that counts.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Any organization that can get on national television and present the positive side of gun ownership is OK in my opinion. I am a member. We need unity.
    oldogy
    NRA
    GOA
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    The NRA isn't perfect, and I stayed out for a while. But at this point with the current administration dead set against gun rights, I rejoined and will continue with my support.

No large organization is going to please everyone all the time. However, we need advocacy in DC now more than ever. I think the NRA can provide this so I'm on board.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I like three groups,
    The NRA, National Rifle Association
    THE GOA, Gun Owners of America
    The JPFO, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (No you do not have to be Jewish to join or donate)
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

No organization, large or small, is going to be perfect.

With that said, I'm of the opinion that if you own a gun and don't belong to the NRA you are no better than a blood sucking leech that gains the advantages of gun ownership off the sweat of supporters of the Constitution.

It is because of the NRA that the current administration is shying away from trying to pass another Assault Weapon Ban at this time. Make no mistake about it, hard days for gun owners are coming, and I don't see us coming away unscathed. The thing is, the damage done to gun rights would be far worse if we didn't have the NRA out there on the front lines.

Biker

I think people need to check some history and find out how many pro-gun bills the NRA has helped to pass and how many anti-gun bills the NRA has helped to stop. Look at how many court cases the NRA has helped to win!

This is pure insanity!

No organization is perfect and no organization the size of the NRA will be able to have 100% agreement in its ranks.
    Member of:
    National Rifle Association
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry
    Defensive Carry
    United States Conceal Carry Association

No organization is perfect. I was out for a while, then back in. Recently I purchased a lifetime membership because I think they to more to preserve and advance our 2A rights than anyone and I want those rights to remain for future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioPx4Storm View Post
    I think people need to check some history and find out how many pro-gun bills the NRA has helped to pass and how many anti-gun bills the NRA has helped to stop. Look at how many court cases the NRA has helped to win!

This is pure insanity!

No organization is perfect and no organization the size of the NRA will be able to have 100% agreement in its ranks.
    +1 You have to be in the fight to win it! Life Member here....they have helped TONS against the Anti's. You don't have to be a member to make a donation either. We need to stand together now more than ever!

i'm a member of the NRA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links