Another reason to not visit the People's Republic of New Jersey.

This is a discussion on Another reason to not visit the People's Republic of New Jersey. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I work with many police officers in my job and almost all of them have my respect. The ones I know do their best with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another reason to not visit the People's Republic of New Jersey.

VIP Member
    I work with many police officers in my job and almost all of them have my respect. The ones I know do their best with the knowledge they have. With nearly a gazillion (OK, so that's not an exact number) city, county, state, and federal laws they obviously can't keep up with all of them. They focus on their local laws, having to trust that the legislators (two words I don't think I've ever put together in a sentence) don't pass conflicting laws that will get them into trouble and that their department keeps them updated. Without having personal knowledge of the situation or arresting officer, I can't say as I would blame him personally.
    However... I would definitely hold the department accountable for the arrest and jail situation. To bad they state isn't named in the lawsuit for putting the department in that situation with their inane law to begin with.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

2. Remove Ads

I live in Pennsylvania and have the Utah CCW. I also live 20 minutes from the the NJ border. I work and drive in NJ all the time, and it drives me nuts that I always have to go home and disarm before I travel there. I can carry in 30+ except the one closest to me... NJ.

This summer my wife and I are taking a road trip out east, then south, then home here to Minnesota. I am avoiding, or getting through quickly all states that are not gun friendly. I've mapped out my trip to avoid NJ,NYC, DC for example even though it may take me a bit longer.

In the unfriendly gun states I must travel through I will spend no money if I can help it. The only state I will stop in is MD and only because I have relatives there I havn't seen in years. I am staying only one day in MD, I want out as quickly as possible.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links