Should Full Auto's Be Legal?

This is a discussion on Should Full Auto's Be Legal? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Criminals should not have full auto firearms, nor should they have semi auto, or wheelies.... Law abiding citizens should be able to own them....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Should Full Auto's Be Legal?

Criminals should not have full auto firearms, nor should they have semi auto, or wheelies....

Law abiding citizens should be able to own them.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    Shot placement still matters...and the PEOPLE should have access to the same weapons as LEO's and military.
    I agree, if you can pick it up and carry it you should be able to own it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    Not to nitpick, but automatic weapons are not used strategically, they are used tactically (using that word correctly).
    I still have 2 of my family in the military. I guess I need to speak to them about the correct term.

You are probably correct. Using the automatic weapon even if it is a tank can be considered tactical.

LEO and military commanders though I think must must first make a strategic decision to use automatic weapons or other.

I think that is what general Patton did.

Not wanting to get in a ******* match about this but it is Worthy of discussion.

I honestly don't know the right answer, I hope my West point trained Major or my other ranger sibling will be able to define correctly for me.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    I still have 2 of my family in the military. I guess I need to speak to them about the correct term.

You are probably correct. Using the automatic weapon even if it is a tank can be considered tactical.

LEO and military commanders though I think must must first make a strategic decision to use automatic weapons or other.

I think that is what general Patton did.

Not wanting to get in a ******* match about this but it is Worthy of discussion.

I honestly don't know the right answer, I hope my West point trained Major or my other ranger sibling will be able to define correctly for me.
    Heck I might be wrong (don't let my wife and kid know I said that), but as I remember strategy is the big plans like island hopping in the Pacific, while tactics are small stuff, like taking out a MG emplacement. I see your point about Generals and such making the decision to deploy full auto weapons before the grunts in the field decide how best to use them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    Heck I might be wrong (don't let my wife and kid know I said that), but as I remember strategy is the big plans like island hopping in the Pacific, while tactics are small stuff, like taking out a MG emplacement. I see your point about Generals and such making the decision to deploy full auto weapons before the grunts in the field decide how best to use them.
    This is an interesting discussion. I spoke to one of my guys tonight but forgot to ask about this. I know he would be able to give me an hour lecture or more on the topic and differences.
    Stay tuned, I will try to find out more.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Links