Burn out - Page 2

Burn out

This is a discussion on Burn out within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Burned out nope not me. Been into firearms all my life....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burn out

Burned out nope not me. Been into firearms all my life.

RR prob. has it right:

I'm sure the pendulum will swing the other way again at some point
    It's just the swing of the pendulum moving me to put down this hobby for abit and go to another (like reading).

I guess it was seeming like it was becoming actual work or somelike like work so it was becoming less fun.

Wayne

A little different perspective: maybe it is a good thing that you are no longer enfatuated. That suggests that you may be wiser than you once were, knowing yourself and your subject a little better, now, more critical of what you read and hear, more circumspect about what you want to say. These are not bad things.

I haven't burned out on guns, but I've pared down the forums I visit, and I stopped looking at the gun rags a long time ago. Our approaches to the subject seem different, though. I haven't approached guns as a hobby. Do I enjoy shooting and taking care of my guns? Sure, but for me it is more like practicing with and taking care of important tools for living; so, it doesn't carry the same expectations of entertainment and interest that a hobby would, and there is less opportunity for burnout.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom357
    Do I enjoy shooting and taking care of my guns? Sure, but for me it is more like practicing with and taking care of important tools for living; so, it doesn't carry the same expectations of entertainment and interest that a hobby would, and there is less opportunity for burnout.
    Ditto. I used to burn up 500-1000 rounds at the range, pistol/rifle/semi-12 gauge, every other weekend, just for the "blast". Too dern much like work, anymore. The flip side of the coin is that I know my gear very well, what I can expect of it, and what it needs to perform optimally.

I've burned out on many things over the years so I know the feelings you are facing. Some have gone by the wayside never to return and some have come back and made me smile again.

As far as the whole "gun thing", I trully feel I will never get burned out on it. It's become a part of my life and a very important one. To let it burn out for me would be a shame. To that point, I shall never let that happen.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Not burned out, just satisfied for now. I would like a 870 and a small 45 that I can carry in place of the .38. Just settling in.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

My dad has a floor vault full of weapons, but he never shoots. I guess, I see it like this there is really no need in my opinion to have alot of weapons. Thats just my opinion.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links