Burn out

Burn out

This is a discussion on Burn out within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; *not sure if this should be here or in OT topics* Have you ever gotten "burned out" on the whole gun scene? I mean, I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burn out

Burn out

*not sure if this should be here or in OT topics*

Have you ever gotten "burned out" on the whole gun scene? I mean, I'm not getting the same "ohhh or Aww" that I used to when looking at other people's pieces or the new and improved in the magazines/gun stores.

I'm finding myself not even getting involved in the discussion forums or wanting to put in my .02 when I have it to put in.

I just noticed this smilie in the box to the right of me.... .... seems to express what I am feeling.

Wayne

No I haven't Got burned out on Guns but i have on other stuff so i know what ya mean

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Hmmm, burned out on guns? Never...
    Guns and Possum( ) are 2 things that I can't get enough of.

I kinda get that symptom.... especially when I'm working the area near the AR 15s and Ar 10s........It's mainly due to the younger crowd, who wish they could have one, but can't, due to their State Laws, and they want to handle everything in the rack.

Possum????? hehehehehe
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH

Possum????? hehehehehe
    Possum meat is fun to eat.

Burn out on anything can happen. Just relax, recognize that the feelings are not the result of something wrong with you, and let it pass. When you find joy in it again, you'll know.

Administrator

Wink

Temporary Gun Burn Out...that's probably normal.
    Soon...some new product will hit the shelves that will get that spark kindled again.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    Not that surprising Wayne.

After my 30 some years activity with guns and shooting - and before that just interest - I do blow hot and cold to degrees. Much can depend on what else is going on - which in my case could be in summer, biking or flying RC airplanes - when I am enjoying those guns etc take a bigger back seat.

I do not lose the actual interest tho - just the enthusiasm to be participating to my usual degree. So - nothing you should worry about really - the ''novelty factor'' most feel in earlier years does wear off a bit - and perhaps I could admit sometimes that I think it's ''just guns'' - but underneath the passion never really goes.

So much in life is cyclical - chances are you'll get a resurgeance down the road a piece.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    You might just be bored from doing the same old thing all the time...shake things up a little and try target practicing in new, more challenging ways.

Or sign up for some different training, or try competitive shooting at a local John C. Garand match for fun, or pick up hot chicks and take them shooting....wait, ya might want to scratch that last one off the list if you are married....or try IPSC, or anything that is challenging or unusual.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Lead Moderator
    No, but I divide my time between many hobbies too. hiking, camping, geocaching, kayaking and several other diffrent pursuits.

There's always something new. I want to go shoot steel and bowling pins, just can't find a venue.

I'm working on learning to reload.

Or read up on your history... or learn more about the technical aspects of the guns you like...

I started out with knives and while I'm still a knifenut, now that I can buy guns they're getting most of my attention nowadays. The sharp and pointy interest is still there, it's just not as intense as it once was. I'm sure the pendulum will swing the other way again at some point.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Thats how I came to own the Ruger SP101 and GP100 in Cali in early 2005, stating that they were my last handgun purchases. Since I moved to Georgia...I bought a Colt Mustang, Para-ordnance 12.45 LDA, Rossi .22 mag pump rifle, and next.....LOL....I love it !

VIP Member
    Burned out? Nah....my children, work and other hobbies add variety to the mix of my life.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    *not sure if this should be here or in OT topics*

Have you ever gotten "burned out" on the whole gun scene? I mean, I'm not getting the same "ohhh or Aww" that I used to when looking at other people's pieces or the new and improved in the magazines/gun stores.

I'm finding myself not even getting involved in the discussion forums or wanting to put in my .02 when I have it to put in.

I just noticed this smilie in the box to the right of me.... .... seems to express what I am feeling.

Wayne
    Actually ive been burnt out for a while. But I still think of em pretty often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links