Glock ???

Glock ???

This is a discussion on Glock ??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This may seem like a dumb question but I am wondering if could convert my Glock19 into a Glock 40. I like my 9mm but ...

Thread: Glock ???

Glock ???

This may seem like a dumb question but I am wondering if could convert my Glock19 into a Glock 40. I like my 9mm but I want something with a little more knock down power. I tried searching and could not find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know a G23 (.40) can be converted to 9mm easialy but I don't believe the 9mm can (should) be converted to .40. I 'think' the 9mm is a little too 'light' for the pressures produced by the .40 and the size is a little bigger than the tolarences allow in the 9mm models.

I'm not a Glock armoer yet so don't hold me to that. The gospel according to goldshellback is sometimes flawed.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Well, you may not like my answer, and I'm short on time getting ready to go to work. But.....you can buy a slide, and barrel for a G23 and put it on your G19 frame. Uses the same recoil assembly. Hope this helps.

knock-down power ...
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

You can always get a G22 to be big brother to your G19.....

Just a thought.....

GLOCKs multiply, you know?
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    knock-down power ...
    Yeah...

VIP Member
    The 9mm cannot be converted to the .40, because the breech face of the 9mm is too narrow to fit the .40 casing. You can, however, use a 9mm slide and barrel in a .40
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

You can't convert the 9mm to .40 because the hole in the slide where the barrel pokes out is too small. You can't use a factory 9mm barrel to convert a .40 to 9mm for the same reason (and the barrel hood is too big to lock up), but you CAN get a specially made conversion barrel with all dimensions cut correct for the model that you're converting.

Sorry bud--it can go down, but not up.
    Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

thanks for info, i might as well just buy the sig40 we use in the guard.

Quote Originally Posted by tylere85 View Post
    thanks for info, i might as well just buy the sig40 we use in the guard.
    Buy another Glock 19. If you've seen many (shot)dead people, you'll realize there is no difference in the .35-.45 caliber efficacy.

Can you put'em where they need to go? Simply from the recoil impulse, this will always be easier with a 9mm. Much easier too with the Glock's low bore axis, vis-a-vis the higher set of the Sig.

I agree with you, Rob.

I took a class with an ER surgeon who is an active shooter. He's an LFI affiliate who teaches "Tactical Anatomy"--he studies this stuff. According to him, there is no discernible difference between any of the service calibers in terms of the wound or terminal effect. If they hit the T-Spine, they stay in, otherwise even the hollow points of any caliber, will likely go out. He viewed that as a good thing in terms of the wounding potential.

There are big differences on paper between 9, 40, and 45, but in real situations there just isn't one that is recognizable when using modern defensive ammo.

That said--if someone told you that they would pass a rebar through your chest cavity but you got to choose between 3/8" and 3/4", most of us would take 3/8". Practical difference? not much. But bigger wounds are bigger wounds! It may be academic, but if that extra 2.43mm of bullet diameter is enough to enhance your confidence, I'm all for it.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Well said HK Dan
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Links