Beretta Addicts....Help!

Beretta Addicts....Help!

This is a discussion on Beretta Addicts....Help! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My Dad gave me a Beretta 418, stamped 1948, Serial #25356A. I have already verified it is in fact a 418, .25 cal.....Here's my dilema/question....For ...

Thread: Beretta Addicts....Help!

Beretta Addicts....Help!

My Dad gave me a Beretta 418, stamped 1948, Serial #25356A. I have already verified it is in fact a 418, .25 cal.....Here's my dilema/question....For the life of me I cannot figure out how to break this lil fella down to clean it. It's in excellent shape, probable value $200 - $250. I'd like to shoot it but want to clean it first. Here's a link to show you what it looks like...Beretta Web - Current Guns Fits in the palm of my hand...it's referred to as a "Vest Gun"... Does anyone have an idea how to break it down? Feel free to PM me or I'll give you my email if you have instructions.. Thanks..
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    You might contact Beretta and see if they can provide a manual for it.

The Beretta 418. The original James Bond pistol...

Disassembly: Remove magazine and clear chamber. Leave the magazine out of the pistol.

Place the thumb safety lever in the "SAFE" or UP position. Pull slide fully to the rear while pressing the safety up, ensuring the hook engages the small notch on the bottom of the slide.

With the slide thus locked open, press the barrel rearward to free it from the frame. (You many need to BUMP the muzzle with the heel of your hand.)

Remove the barrel from the open top of the slide.

Pull the slide rearward while pressing the thumb safety downward, and ease the slide forward, off the frame. The striker/firing pin is held in place by the sear. Note the arrangement of the striker spring and spring guide/cocking indicator. This may be worked loose by controlling it with the left hand while depressing the grip safety and pressing the trigger with the right hand.

Remove the thumb safety from the frame.

The stocks may be detached by removal of the screws with a properly fitting screwdriver. Be careful - - The rear edge of the panels is very delicate and breaks easily. Do not remove the panels from the metal frames unless needed. If you do this, perform the operation over a smooth, clear surface, to collect the tiny fragments, so you MAY be able to glue them back together.

No further disassembly is recommended, and is seldom, if ever, required.

Reassembly: Replace the stock panels, if they have been removed. DO NOT overtighten the screws - - Snug is good enough.

Pre-assemble the striker/striker spring/spring guide and place them into their channel in the slide. Don't bother trying to put them back on the sear - - They are easily lost, and this is the hard way to do it anyway.

Replace the thumb safety in the frame.

Make sure the recoil spring and guide are properly placed in the frame before slipping the slide on the front. When all is arranged, draw the
    slide to the rear, pressing the thumb safety upward. This captures the striker assembly in the cocked position and locks the slide back.

Work the barrel back into position. Press it all the way forward. If very snug, you may need to let the slide go forward under spring pressure to properly seat the barrel.

bosco

Bosco...thank you...Got it saved.
    Last edited by First Sgt; April 30th, 2009 at 09:20 AM.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Sponsored Links