1475/483 9mm

This is a discussion on 1475/483 9mm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't know about you guys, but I think Pow'R balls 100gr 9mm +P @1475fps and 483 FTLBS is some serious business I understand that ...

Thread: 1475/483 9mm

1475/483 9mm

I don't know about you guys, but I think Pow'R balls 100gr 9mm +P @1475fps and 483 FTLBS is some serious business

I understand that they're supposed to feed like ball ammo too. I'm gonna have to try some. Does anyone use this ammo in 9mm?
    One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Sir Winston Churchill.

2. Remove Ads

Never in 9mm but use it in 10mm feed just like ball

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Never in 9mm but use it in 10mm feed lust like ball
    LUST???? you're always "feed lusting"... LOL.... .......<just kidding ya Bud>
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Used it in .40 also. Used a wetpack to catch the bullet. the expansion was awesome.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Feeds quite well in my Kimber 1911 (9mm) just like ball ammo. Its costly!! compared to other JHP's

1951 - 2011
    Hello. Here are the results of some informal testing I did with the 9mm PowRball:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CorbonPowRball.htm

Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen A. Camp
    Hello. Here are the results of some informal testing I did with the 9mm PowRball:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CorbonPowRball.htm

Best.
    That was your page huh? I saw that earlier today when I googled the Pow'r Ball. Well done
    I'm just thinking that for a self defense round, this SUPER-SONIC 100gr, has what it takes to get the job done about as best as you can for the 9mm. IMHO
    One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Sir Winston Churchill.

1951 - 2011
    Hello. It seems to be fine in the gelatin tests, but I'm hearing of very shallow penetration on animals shot with it. I have not yet done this nor have I heard of any being used on felons so I honestly don't know.

It appears promising to me as a lower penetration/maximum damage round and one that I'd prefer over the Glaser.

Time will tell if the animals that were shot were flukes or if some tweaking needs to be done. I do believe that in a straight-on frontal shot to the chest, the round would be effective.

Best.

Links