Doing our part to preserve The Second Amendment

This is a discussion on Doing our part to preserve The Second Amendment within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope this is the right spot for this. Last weekend, 10 people (including me) went to Canters Cave 4-H Camp in Jackson, Ohio for ...

Thread: Doing our part to preserve The Second Amendment

Doing our part to preserve The Second Amendment

I hope this is the right spot for this.

Last weekend, 10 people (including me) went to Canters Cave 4-H Camp in Jackson, Ohio for a semi-annual 4-H Shooting Sports training. Of the 10, 3 were girls aged 17 and 18. All except me were first time attendees and new to the program. Ohio has the second largest 4-H Shooting Sports program in the US - just behind Texas. It's the fastest growing 4-H project area. The philosophy is to use Shooting Sports as a means to get kids in a venue where we can teach life skills. But just as importantly, it's a vehicle to exhibit the positive aspects of shooting.

While I am certainly glad that the 6 adults went, I am extremely proud of the three girls. None had ever fired a gun previous to this. Two took the shotgun discipline and one took the rifle discipline. Coincidentally, the young lady who took the rifle course won a Henry lever action .22 rifle. In any case, Meghan (the one who took the rifle class) went from not being able to hit a 9" pie plate at 15 feet with an air rifle to holding a 2" group at 25 yards with a .22 shooting at a standard ODNR 25 yard target. Joyce and Claire - the two who took the shotgun discipline - were hitting about 80% of their clay targets with a 20 gauge by the end of the weekend.

We can all beat our heads against the wall and talk to the anti gun faction until we are blue in the face without ever getting positive results. I'm convinced that teaching our kids who then perpetuate the sport will be the prime means of preserving our Second Amendment rights. I have never been prouder of "my kids" than I was of the three I took to training.

If you want to learn more about the Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports program, here's the website:Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Divebum sez...

We can all beat our heads against the wall and talk to the anti gun faction until we are blue in the face without ever getting positive results. I'm convinced that teaching our kids who then perpetuate the sport will be the prime means of preserving our Second Amendment rights. I have never been prouder of "my kids" than I was of the three I took to training.
    Yup... good job...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Links