CDNN customer service

This is a discussion on CDNN customer service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recently I ordered some [cough]supplies[cough], which included at least one handgun, from CDNN. They had a small quantity left of NIB S&W 5906's, which are ...

Thread: CDNN customer service

Thumbs down CDNN customer service

Recently I ordered some [cough]supplies[cough], which included at least one handgun, from CDNN. They had a small quantity left of NIB S&W 5906's, which are not produced any longer. I believe they had the last batch of NIB 5906's in the nation other than what some individuals own.

Anyway, I placed my order on a Wednesday morning about 8:30 a.m., and at 2 p.m. on Friday of the same week, I had the supplies in my hands.

Customer service of the salesman:
    Friendliness of the salesman:
    Speed of mailing and delivery:

While the gunshop was processing my paperwork, I checked out all my supplies. Thoroughly, or so I thought. I had plenty of time as the paperwork took several minutes. I left, all happy.

A few days later when I was examining my supplies in more detail, I discovered a 5906, on the side that was down in the case, was missing the decocker lever. Obviously, I had neglected to thoroughly inspect this item at the gun shop. No, this wasn't a left-side-only decocker model--it was an ambi decocker. There was no smooth plate where the decocker lever is on some models. There was a big, jutting decocker-lever holder sticking out with lots of sharp edges, and the decocker lever, associated spring and spring cap were gone. I looked in the box: the missing parts were nowhere to be found.

I called the CDNN saleman. He said he never sees the guns he sells, but he referred me to someone in the back who ships them. Here's the conversation:

Me: Yes, I just purchased a gun from you, and it arrived missing some pieces.

Salesman in back: We don't have time to look at the guns before we ship them out. Do you have any idea how many guns we sell?

Me: What? You don't even inspect the products you sell? It would only take about 3 seconds to open the case, pick up the gun, and turn it over to see if all the pieces are there.

Salesman: You'll have to take that up with Smith & Wesson.

Me:

CDNN sending a gun that was missing 3 obvious pieces: (This far outweighs the positive reviews from the initial salesman.)
    Me for not thoroughly inspecting every item before taking delivery:

If I ever own a business that ships supplies out, I'll at least look at the products before I mail them.

Followup: Although I could have refused the gun had I noticed the missing parts, by the time I picked it up, CDNN was very likely out of that model permanently. They were down to 3 when I ordered on Wed., so even if I had observed the missing item when I picked up the gun, I might have purchased it anyway. I just wish CDNN hadn't shafted me and then been so cavalier about it. I have ordered some small supplies from CDNN since then with no problems, but that incident left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm only posting about it now because I just had it resolved by S&W. I'll post a separate thread about S&W's customer service.

I normally wouldn't trash anyone or any company on a public forum, but the salesman in back treated me like an idiot for daring to suggest he take an extra 3 seconds to inspect an item for completeness before sending it to a customer , plus it took an extra 3 months to reconcile and get a complete gun because S&W was out of the parts I needed.

2. Remove Ads

Is this CDNN Sports here in Texas?

Sorry about your experience with them. I had never heard of them until I googled them after reading your post. I will make a note to stay away from them though. Customer service is extremely important to me. I read your other post too. Glad S&W made it right for you.

Range report on your new firearm?
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

jfl
    That's bad service.

These people have not figured that when the economy goes down it is the SERVICE that makes a difference !
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    Is this CDNN Sports here in Texas?

Sorry about your experience with them. I had never heard of them until I googled them after reading your post. I will make a note to stay away from them though. Customer service is extremely important to me. I read your other post too. Glad S&W made it right for you.
    Yes that's them. I wouldn't necessarily stay away from them as they have many products at a good price, and normally have good service. I will buy mags, etc. from them without hesitation, however I'll think twice about buying another firearm from them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    Range report on your new firearm?
    I wish. I'm holding my ammo until the supply loosens up a bit. I only have a medium supply of 9mm, and I like to shoot at least 500 rounds to feel comfortable with a new carry gun, so I think I'll wait a bit unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    ...when the economy goes down it is the SERVICE that makes a difference !
    Yes, especially if I can get the same product at several different places.

Brownell's

Part #2. I wouldn't be thrilled, either, but I'd get it while you can. CDNN is usually pretty good, but they are basically just a clearing house, and as crazy as gun sales have been of late,I'm not surprised...

Salesmen aren't allowed in the shipping and inventory areas at CDNN.

I have a bunch of 5906 parts on hand. What do you need? I probably have it. Barrels, slides, safeties, triggers, etc.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    I have a bunch of 5906 parts on hand. What do you need? I probably have it. Barrels, slides, safeties, triggers, etc.
    Thanks for the offer, but S&W came through and sent me the pieces free of charge.

Are you a 5906 fan, too, or did you just end up with the parts?

I ordered a 4" 66-3 last year from CDNN, when they advertised them.

I ordered a "very good condition 66-3". Price was cheap.

I recieved a very beat up 66-2, that was out of time on two cylinders.
    I got similar CS and BS from CDNN.

Short version, I kept it, and learned from the experiece. Regards 18DAI.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but S&W came through and sent me the pieces free of charge.

Are you a 5906 fan, too, or did you just end up with the parts?
    Just the parts. I have 3 SS slides, 2 or 3 barrels, a pair of blue slides, and a ton of other stuff. I got it all for free.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Just the parts. I have 3 SS slides, 2 or 3 barrels, a pair of blue slides, and a ton of other stuff. I got it all for free.
    What a deal!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    When such things happen to me, I always write a letter and send it to the CEO. First, I figure that type of service will continue unless there are complaints. And second, I frequently get a discount on a future purchase, or so other such compensation. Even without any discount, I still like to let the head guy know.

Links