S&W customer service

This is a discussion on S&W customer service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently purchased a S&W handgun from CDNN which arrived missing some pieces. I posted my thoughts on CDNN's customer service for that event here: ...

Thread: S&W customer service

Thumbs up S&W customer service

I recently purchased a S&W handgun from CDNN which arrived missing some pieces. I posted my thoughts on CDNN's customer service for that event here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ml#post1136052

Since CDNN disavowed all responsibility for shipping me a gun that was missing 3 pieces, and suggested I call S&W, that is what I did. When I told my story to the lady at S&W's customer service, she was initially defensive, saying with an attitude, "Well, the gun was complete when it left our factory." I told her I believed her, but it was very disappointing to buy a new handgun, and spend over a thousand dollars on S&W items, only to find a gun missing pieces. I did not accuse S&W of sending out an incomplete gun.

Because I was not accusatory, she changed her tone and offered to send me the pieces free of charge, about $30 worth. She said it would take awhile because they were currently out, but that they would send them once they were made.

I recently received the parts, free of charge, and installed them.

I am:
    not happy with CDNN
    not happy with myself for not inspecting the gun better at the gunshop
    very appreciative of S&W for shipping me the parts free when in reality it wasn't their responsibility.

I bashed CDNN for their poor service, so I should also praise S&W for their above-and-beyond service.

2. Remove Ads

I had excellent experiences with S&W and Springfield Armory. Not much to say about Sig.....

jfl
    Good to know; thanks for sharing.

We have 4 S&W, one of them from 1977 and never needed service; but it is nice to know they are good.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I carry aM&P9C and its nice to hear good things about S&W
    Thanks for the post
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I've had a similar experience with S&W customer service. I've got a Gen 1 S&W M&P .40S&W. They redesigned the slide release when they came out with the M&P .45. I e-mailed S&W on a Saturday asking if a retro-fit kit was available, and if so, how much it would cost. I got an e-mail from them on the following Monday. They asked for my address, and the following day, sent me a replacement slide release free of charge. I signed up for the S&W Club 1857 (or whatever year it was) and included my member number in the first e-mail. I'm sure that helped speed the response. Fast turn around, and a free part, postage paid. Call me a believer.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Administrator
    I have to ask Grady...exactly what pieces were missing?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Yes, inquiring minds want to know...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member
    Gun show bargain for my M&P 45C cost about an hour with salesman who answered my complaint about a missing compact mag with a full size and neglected to put his store name on the receipt making it useless for the S&W rebate and costing me the money that I saved not to mention having to have a kid connect him to the TBI for background check and the time for him to squint at forms... Of course, I didn't notice the receipt detail or the mag until I left the show. So I didn't feel too good about calling S&W for sympathy and complaint about a fail-to-fire (was the target ammo). S&W sent a UPS sticker for the gun which I never used. About four weeks later, I got two mags (ones with butt plates) for the compact in a mailer.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Right side decocker lever,
    spring for decocker lever,
    spring cap for spring.

Easy to install or remove. There is a tiny hole in the decocker lever to insert something in order to push the spring down as one slides the decocker lever out of its base mechanism. For installation, no tools were necessary other than something like a pen cap to hold the spring cap down as the decocker lever was slid in place.

I felt like a dufus for not picking the gun up and turning it over for inspection. This gun box was on the bottom of several other boxes, and I guess I thought I had thoroughly inspected all items. Turned out well, but it sure was a disappointment for awhile.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Hmm. The gun did not have 3 parts. S&W was out of stock on those 3 parts. Coincidence?

Either they sent the gun out incomplete or someone needed those parts, called S&W and found out they would have to wait, and decided to borrow your gun's parts instead.

IOW, thanks for the warning about CDNN.

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Hmm. The gun did not have 3 parts. S&W was out of stock on those 3 parts. Coincidence?

Either they sent the gun out incomplete or someone needed those parts, called S&W and found out they would have to wait, and decided to borrow your gun's parts instead.

IOW, thanks for the warning about CDNN.
    S&W quit making that model some time ago, perhaps back in 2006 but I'm not sure exactly. CDNN had bought a truckload of S&W's remaining stock some time back according to the saleman.

My guess is someone chose to steal the parts because it was more convenient for them and they had no morals.

Not sure exactly how it was caused. I just know someone messed up, I was on the short end because I didn't check close enough when purchasing, and S&W bailed me out.

Links