I give up...

This is a discussion on I give up... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking about starting a "Scare the poop out of your wife" business. Contact me, we can discuss terms....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I give up...

I'm thinking about starting a "Scare the poop out of your wife" business. Contact me, we can discuss terms.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I'm thinking about starting a "Scare the poop out of your wife" business. Contact me, we can discuss terms.
    Actually that exact thing did cross my mind when she went up to our storeroom unarmed. However it was only a momentary thought; it would be my luck that the very day I decided to scare her as a lesson, she'd be locked and loaded and gut shoot me on the spot.

No sir not me.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Hey maybe you could hire that guy from the burglar alarm commercials. He breaks, he runs.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    What if you said something like, "Well, don't worry about the gun; if you get killed, I reckon I could always get another wife."
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    This exact thing was what I was referring to when I said "it may take something or someone from the outside to do it. And you can't do that for her - not in any way she'd forgive you for afterwards."

I understand your desire to "show her" why she needs to carry. But this topic has been discussed too, and by a large majority it's considered a VERY BAD MOVE.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    What if you said something like, "Well, don't worry about the gun; if you get killed, I reckon I could always get another wife."
    Ya, that'd go over like a fart in church.

I mean tonight it's almost like she is looking for a fight by giving half arsed excuses. I simply asked her if she is going to carry at the PAFOA OC picnic in Hazleton this weekend. I didn't say "Carry the gun" or anything of the sort, yet she still went apes**t on me about how she's not going to carry and run after the kids and blah blah blah... its too difficult to carry and watch the kids...

Umm I do it all the time. I take the kids in public and OC without a problem. I really think it comes down to the fact that she simply doesn't care, and its beyond frustrating that she takes the safety of MY kids and HER life so lightly over stupid crap like "not being able to keep after the kids and carry" and "not being seen in public by one of her students while carrying"... yes even concealed.

I told her I give up, might as well just sell your gun if you aren't going to use it. I'll change the combo to the safe if you aren't going to even bother to get them out at home... etc...

The convo ended there, I didn't push it, she was the one that blew up on me over a simple question. I am at wits end with this debate with her. I hadn't said a word to her about carry since the beginning of this thread, and now this.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I think of the women who are suddenly left alone, whether it be through death, divorce, etc, and they have absolutely no idea where to turn to. The best they end up with is an old baseball bat or gulf club from the garage. They don't know the first thing about self defense and couldn't even find the road there if it was paved before them.
    Interesting you mention that. I have been in the PRNJ for the last 2 months give or take a week training for my new job. She told me she is used to me being the guard dog so to speak.

Now that I'm not there... suddenly it's all on her, and she wont take the initiative to protect her and the kids while I'm gone. I mean even stupid stuff like leaving guns out before she goes to work. If she does get them out, she leaves them out in plain sight, so if someone where to get in, they get a free gun.

I've basically cashed in on this issue, and I hate to say it but it may take a forced entry, mugging, or rape for her to wake up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links