Glock out of battery issue

This is a discussion on Glock out of battery issue within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was at the range last weekend to break in two new pistols: a Glock 30sf (.45 for you uninformed heathens ) and an LCP. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock out of battery issue

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I was at the range last weekend to break in two new pistols: a Glock 30sf (.45 for you uninformed heathens ) and an LCP.

When I shot my Glock I had several instances where it would stay out of battery, ie, the slide was not fully forward. I generally gave it a tap, and proceeded with my shooting.

I called Glock today and explained the situation. I was wondering if it had to do with a limp wrist or an issue with the gun. The tech said that they were having some issues with the 30sf. He took all my info and would be sending me a prepaid mailing label. Glock would fix it at no charge.

After providing all the necessary info, I took the "opportunity" to ask if there was a "pain and suffering" award like an extra magazine, extra barrel or even a whole new gun. He took the opportunity to ask if there were other things that were limp. Well, at least he had a sense of humor.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

ask if there were other things that were limp
    That's right funny. Glad they're taking care of you, limp or not.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    gotta love good customer support...even if it is Glock

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Wait a minute, I thought Glocks did not require a break-in and they never failed. Have I been misinformed?

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought Glocks did not require a break-in and they never failed. Have I been misinformed?
    Nope, you haven't been misinformed. This thread is a figment of your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    As for the OP, I'm almost certain "break in" was in reference to initiation of the pistols as in run the very first ammo through them which does not necessarily mean any 'break in' period required by the manufacturer. We could consider this thread as breaking in someone whom has been misinformed. As far as Glock and the pain and suffering award........you should come out with some extras like keychains, pins, stickers, or a calendar or maybe the Glock Annual magazine if you whine enough. Have not heard of any issues with the 30SF until now. I'm sure the Glock team will take care of you.

Without having handled the SF (and so wiothout knowing anything that might make it unique) the standard function check for Glock is to:
    1) Clear the weapon
    2) Retract and release the slide
    3) While holding the muzzle in vertical orientation, slowly depress the trigger while watching the rear of the slide.

If the slide moves more than a couple of millimeters (don't remember the spec off-hand) rearward while pulling the trigger, the recoil spring needs to be replaced.

I've never had any issues with my 30sf, but I hope you work yours out. I hear Glock takes good care of there customers so good luck bro!
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the warrior different from the wolf.
    -Dave Grossman

not going into full battery with a glock could be several things. a limp wrist will do it. bad reloads will do it (incorrect bullet seat). brass shaveing in the chamber area stopping the round from seating can do it. glock will/should check the chamber of the barrel and might/should replace the barrel if needed.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    As for the OP, I'm almost certain "break in" was in reference to initiation of the pistols as in run the very first ammo through them which does not necessarily mean any 'break in' period required by the manufacturer. We could consider this thread as breaking in someone whom has been misinformed. As far as Glock and the pain and suffering award........you should come out with some extras like keychains, pins, stickers, or a calendar or maybe the Glock Annual magazine if you whine enough. Have not heard of any issues with the 30SF until now. I'm sure the Glock team will take care of you.
    Oh, man I am glad you corrected that for me surprising the let down a person can have with a little misuse of the language.

Do not say "break-in," "initial rounds through the weapon" sounds much better.

Anyone have any "Kool-Aid" I'm almost out.
    Last edited by Elk Hunter; May 7th, 2009 at 08:56 PM.

hey exactlymypoint...

i looked at getting a glock, but they jam and jam and break, so i went for an xdm-40, and shot 1000 rounds out of it, DAY 1, not one ftf, fte, and easy as HELL to clean...

for all you glock lovers, take a look at the springfield xd's and xdm's, try to rent one to shoot if u can...

just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by j1999t View Post
    xdm-40, and shot 1000 rounds out of it, DAY 1, not one ftf, fte, and easy as HELL to clean...
    Dang! Hope you had some help. That's alotta rounds.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

The SF series of Glocks have a bad batch of trigger bars in them. If you take your slide off you'll probably see a groove in your trigger bar. Here's a link to a thread on the subject. I'm glad to hear Glock is starting to acknowledge that there's a problem.
    New G30SF Fails to Return to Battery - Glock Talk

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    Dang! Hope you had some help. That's alotta rounds.
    yea i had a bit of help... one of my gun buddies shot about 300 rounds through... but no ftf or fte, which is why i bought this gun, and will never modify it (except for the sights).... RELIABILITY!

Quote Originally Posted by j1999t View Post
    yea i had a bit of help... one of my gun buddies shot about 300 rounds through... but no ftf or fte, which is why i bought this gun, and will never modify it (except for the sights).... RELIABILITY!
    I want the XDM in 9mm because 19 + 1 is just sexy. The 40 is 17 + 1 huh? Wonder if they will release an XDM in 45?
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links