Share the right. Teach gun skills.

This is a discussion on Share the right. Teach gun skills. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While surfing around the internet the other night I stumbled across a photo from AR-15Armory that really caught my eye. The picture below shows what ...

Thread: Share the right. Teach gun skills.

While surfing around the internet the other night I stumbled across a photo from AR-15Armory that really caught my eye. The picture below shows what I would consider your stereotypical gun owner teaching a young girl from the new generation of adults how to shoot one of the more modern guns of our time, the FN F2000.

"Future guns may look different. So will future gun owners. Share the Right. Teach gun skills."

This picture really speaks to me because I find myself to be in between the stereotypical gun owner and the new age, and most my friends are all from the new age of adults. And I have never once thought to ask my friends if they would be interested in learning how to safely handle and use firearms. Needless to say, now I offer the opportunity to learn how to safely handle, fire, and clean a weapon to anyone I know who is interested. I just thought it was important for me to put this out to everyone in case you, like me, have neglected to share the skills necessary to defend ourselves and this great country. Who knows, maybe sharing the skills will get a few more people to join our cause and stand up for our rights.

AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    I do............The more safe gun owners out there , The more people we will have to protect our rights.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I like it, thanks.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Agreed Omega.

I am not the stereotypical gun owner in any way of viewing as much.
    I'm member of what I term the 'atypicals'.

Like you I too was motivated by same for exact same reasons as stated n that image and as a result that's what gave me now a great drive to be a firearms and hunting education instructor as I am today.
    You should see the faces of some of the students that have been through my class when they seem e enter the room and address them. It's priceless.

I wish very much we had more atypicals as instructors as well as featured on television in shows such as those featured on OLN.
    Always it's a rural derived or LEO/military background middle aged and older white male of a certain physical condition.
    Very rarely anyone else at all in the way of diversity and change of as depicted much less featured scenery.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Great post.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I like your post, Omega. I don't have an inkling of what it takes to teach at the moment, being relatively new to all this myself. But I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying. The closest I can get right now is to really listen to my instructors, practice like mad, and try and get my friends and family to learn from (my) excellent instructors as well. So far, got my neighbor and my son. Working on her husband and mine, we'll see. I hope one day to be able to teach as well. But if not, to at least recommend some excellent classes and instructors.

And by being a responsible gun owner, I hope by being a positive example, it does a great deal for the cause as well.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I'm no instructor, but I can still teach the basics.

Also, the photo can be found here.

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/technology/arms/?g2_page=1
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Links