For the anti people.

This is a discussion on For the anti people. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is something I posted on my Facebook wall for the anti crowd to read. I posted it with the hope that maybe they would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the anti people.

For the anti people.

Here is something I posted on my Facebook wall for the anti crowd to read. I posted it with the hope that maybe they would understand why we need guns for personal and home defense. Just thought I would share it with ya'll in case you haven't thought of using the material for debate before.

Enjoy~

I don't recall where I snagged the picture from...

Perhaps the anti-gunners were especially upset because they realized that their old argument that "private citizens don't need guns for protection -- that's the job of the police" went up in the flames that consumed much of Los Angeles.
    L.A. riots blow to gun control - 1992 Los Angeles, California riots | Shooting Industry | Find Articles at BNET

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times... The Police have NO obligation to protect an individual citizen. People need to be able to protect themselves if a situation arises.

Don't believe me? What about the New York Times? Or a ruling by the Supreme Court?

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

The decision, with an opinion by Justice Antonin Scalia and dissents from Justices John Paul Stevens and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, overturned a ruling by a federal appeals court in Colorado. The appeals court had permitted a lawsuit to proceed against a Colorado town, Castle Rock, for the failure of the police to respond to a woman's pleas for help after her estranged husband violated a protective order by kidnapping their three young daughters, whom he eventually killed.
    THE SUPREME COURT: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE; Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone - New York Times
    Last edited by OMEGA2669; May 7th, 2009 at 05:52 AM.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

2. Remove Ads

Good post.
    The sheep need reminding.
    -thanks
    "We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots." ~Charles F. Browne

SIG P226 w/ Hogue grips
    SIG P232 w/ Hogue grips

1992. How many remember the L.A. riots? Remember seeing that truck driver get dragged from the cab of his truck and beaten? Good reminder for the younger generation that seems to take too much for granted these days. The younger generation that's looking for a "change" on the political scene and who can't seem to remember much before yesterday and want so much for tomorrow to happen today. Difficult to change the apathetic......invest time in those who haven't made up their mind already.

I recall that night all too well! At the time I was working as a desk clerk/night auditor here in Vegas. I watched the news and didn't know how things would turn out when it was all over.

After watching the local news I became very concerned for my safety. They were burning cars, building, etc. on the west side of Las Vegas. This made me very nervous.

I called my GM (general manager) and requested to use the emergency "lock out" function installed on one of the two doors to our lobby. I was told that I could not do so as this was against the rules of the franchise in which we were affiliated. He would not budge on this issue in light of the current situation. That's when I had to make a difficult decision.

At the time I had a .45 and a .38 revolver. That night I brought my .45 with me as I drove to work. Along the way almost every single store along my drive to work was closed until daylight hours. This made all that much more concerned for my safety.

When I arrived at work I went in to relieve a very worried swing shift desk clerk watching CNN News. He was glad to be going home. Once he was gone I put my "cocked & locked" .45 in one of the little storage "nooks" under the front desk. Whenever someone walked in that night I had my both hands on the front desk but VERY close to my trusty .45. I was relieved when I went home 8 hours later. That night was one that I'll never forget.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Thanks...i shamelessly stole this :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    1992. How many remember the L.A. riots? Remember seeing that truck driver get dragged from the cab of his truck and beaten? Good reminder for the younger generation that seems to take too much for granted these days. The younger generation that's looking for a "change" on the political scene and who can't seem to remember much before yesterday and want so much for tomorrow to happen today. Difficult to change the apathetic......invest time in those who haven't made up their mind already.
    I was there when it happened. I was out visiting my cousin in
    orange county about 20 minutes away when I turned on the
    tv. My friends and I decided to stay indoors for a few days.

Back then I didn't even own a gun

It has been said before about Anti-gunners that they deal in emotions only, not facts. No matter how you spell it out, put it into pictures, or drill it into their heads, they simply just do not get it.

I like the picture, it is a great reminder that we are ultimately responsible for our own protection. The anti's live in a world they have constructed where it is believed everything will be ok when no more guns are available to kill people and that Law Enforcement is synonymous with "protection".
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Moderator
    That picture looks like one of Oleg Volks works.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    A good reminder to all, not just the
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Good post.

I'd be interested in more background on the woman in the picture. Was she one of the shopkeepers that warded off the marauders? Was that .22 rifle she's holding the weapon she used? In other words, is she real life, or just a model for the picture?

Anyone know?

Very Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFender View Post
    I'd be interested in more background on the woman in the picture. Was she one of the shopkeepers that warded off the marauders? Was that .22 rifle she's holding the weapon she used? In other words, is she real life, or just a model for the picture?

Anyone know?
    I don't know, I forgot to bookmark the website I got the photo from but I am curious to know myself. I have ran multiple Google searches looking for the picture but have not had any luck yet.
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That picture looks like one of Oleg Volks works.
    Correct. The picture is 3/4's down this page on Oleg Volk's gallery: Weapons.

He does great work.

Hey thanks there grady. Mystery solved!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links