What .22 Rifle????

This is a discussion on What .22 Rifle???? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am Looking to get a nice 22 rifle, something that is reliable and not a cheap gun nor cheap looking plastic gun. I dont ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What .22 Rifle????

What .22 Rifle????

I am Looking to get a nice 22 rifle, something that is reliable and not a cheap gun nor cheap looking plastic gun. I dont want to spend a ton of money on it either. If possible I am wanting a 22 rifle that will shoot 22mags, and 22LR or 22 longs. This will be just for target pratice and small game will have a nice scope on it, so want something accurate up to 100 yards plus.

Is there a gun that will shoot more than just one 22 caliber bullet.

Post what you think is a good 22 rifle.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

10/22
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    10/22
    +1
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

any certain model, or just the ruger 10/22. What all does it shoot and whats the average price for that new/used.

I wish there was a gun that would shoot mags, long rifle, long, and shorts ha or at least 2-3 of those

Was looking into a marlin model 60 for a 22LR gun or a marlin model 25 for a 22 magnum rifle

I had a Remington model 511 magazine fed, bolt action rifle. That would take 22lr, 22short, and 22CB. I don't know of any 22 caliber rifles that would do all of those AND the 22mags.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I actually like my Savage 64, eats pretty much anything I throw at it with almost no problems.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Would like something that shoots a 22mag, and a 22long rifle. So I can use a 22mag when hunting and a 22LR and get the federal bulk packs for 15 bucks and have 550 rounds to blast off whenever.

How about a used Marlin 25MN Bolt action 22 WMR with tasco 3-9 scope. Its at 165 now but buy it now for 225.

A ruger 10/22 wont shoot 22 mags and long rifles will it?? Also the gun looks to cheap for my taste. Want to keep it at 250 or under for price

AFAIK, there is no rifle that will shoot .22 mag and .22 lr becuase the chamber dimensions are different. The 22 mag has a larger diameter case (.241) than the .22 lr.(.225) Teh magnum uses a .224 bullet whereas he .22 lr uses a .223 bullet I think. So you can have one or the other, not both unless you have interchangeable barrels or something.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

damn ok, so what rifle can I look into that will shoot 22LR and 22long. Is that possible??

How much of a difference is the 22mag vs the 22 long rifle far as performance and small game hunting??

How does a 17HMR compare to a 22mag or 22LR

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    What are you planning on hunting with it? If it's rabbits and squirrels than a 22lr is all the gun you need. This is what I just recently purchased Savage Arms Mark II Rimfire Series Model Mark II BV
    If you are looking to keep cost down that the 17HMR is a bit pricey and I have heard many complain that the do lots of damage to the meat on small game.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    What are you planning on hunting with it? If it's rabbits and squirrels than a 22lr is all the gun you need. This is what I just recently purchased Savage Arms Mark II Rimfire Series Model Mark II BV
    If you are looking to keep cost down that the 17HMR is a bit pricey and I have heard many complain that the do lots of damage to the meat on small game.
    Mike
    I agree with fotomaker57, can't go wrong with a Savage. Lots to pick from to suit your taste and wallet.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbraves8 View Post
    damn ok, so what rifle can I look into that will shoot 22LR and 22long. Is that possible??

How much of a difference is the 22mag vs the 22 long rifle far as performance and small game hunting??
    22 mag has considerably more power than the 22lr. Almost twice the velocity. If you are shooting coon, or coyotes, the mag is a better choice, but for rabbit sized game the 22 lr will work fine.

22Mag can be loaded with "full metal jacket" bullets to keep meat destruction to a minimum
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbraves8 View Post
    Was looking into a marlin model 60 for a 22LR gun or a marlin model 25 for a 22 magnum rifle
    I'm getting partial to the Marlin model 60 also.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links