Defensive Carry banner

Price Check Time Again

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  CLASS3NH 
#1 ·
Ballpark figure – what is a factory nickled Mark III BHP worth with no box, 1 original factory nickeled magazine? Curious, think I may see a hard investment worth making here.

#5 ·
And for the record I'd get a nickeled gun or have one nickeled if the price was right... actually if I was having a refinish done I prefer a satin hardchrome finish for appearance.

I have inspected it thoroughly, I even consulted Mr. Camp's website to get some kind of reference. They want $600 for it, I'm looking at it wondering if it'll be worth significantly more if I either bide my time and sell it at the right time, or keep it for a while. If it goes up in value $100 in 10 years that's possibly better than my aggressive growth mutual fund! Ha!

#6 ·
Euclidean said:
And for the record I'd get a nickeled gun or have one nickeled if the price was right... actually if I was having a refinish done I prefer a satin hardchrome finish for appearance.

I have inspected it thoroughly, I even consulted Mr. Camp's website to get some kind of reference. They want $600 for it, I'm looking at it wondering if it'll be worth significantly more if I either bide my time and sell it at the right time, or keep it for a while. If it goes up in value $100 in 10 years that's possibly better than my aggressive growth mutual fund! Ha!
i hear ya there your mutual fund will go down the gun will go up

#13 ·
Hey Euc, Speaking of Browning HP, I was at a gun show at Mt. Home AR. on Saturday and an one of the more elder dealers had a table with his private collection and one of the guns was a 1968 T series BHP, it was blue and about 90-95 percent. I got it and four mags for 475. I's a sweet shooter. I KNOW THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!! LOL I'm working on it.

#15 ·
Euc - I'd say that price $600 is probably about OK. Tho being picky be nicer if for a 98%.

However, it is unlikely you'd really lose out on the deal over time anyways. I'd say my BHP Practical is up around that same region of value.

#16 ·
Here ya go Euc...............all of these are BLUED...........BUT.............Nickel isn't much better in price.........they've been around for a [pretty long time.....and Hi Powers usually don't sell quick...........does your's have adj sights? fixed? two-tone parts?
It's all relevant ya know
79796 BROWNING HI POWER HANDGUN: PISTOL 9MM LUGER $525.00 4.5in.,PACHMYER WRAP AROUND GRIPS 95%
92704 BROWNING HI POWER HANDGUN: PISTOL 9MM LUGER $550.00 5in.,MATTE 97%
92142 BROWNING HI POWER HANDGUN: PISTOL 9MM LUGER $575.00 BLUED, FIXED SIGHTS,4.25,W/BOX, 2 MAGS 98%
92039 BROWNING HI POWER HANDGUN: PISTOL 9MM LUGER $775.00 CUSTOM BBL,5in.,NOVAK SIGHTS 97%

#17 ·
Gunnutty said:
Hey Euc, Speaking of Browning HP, I was at a gun show at Mt. Home AR. on Saturday and an one of the more elder dealers had a table with his private collection and one of the guns was a 1968 T series BHP, it was blue and about 90-95 percent. I got it and four mags for 475. I's a sweet shooter. I KNOW THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!! LOL I'm working on it.
NOW..........A "T" SERIES IS WORHT EVERY DARN PENNY! I'd go for that......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.