Planning on a fun field trip

This is a discussion on Planning on a fun field trip within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Wife and I are planning a trip out to the Bullet Trap in Plano, we are going to go with our TKD instructor and ...

Thread: Planning on a fun field trip

Planning on a fun field trip

The Wife and I are planning a trip out to the Bullet Trap in Plano, we are going to go with our TKD instructor and a friend from TKD (maybe her husband too).

The Wife will not shoot (still very pregnant) but will watch the kids until we cycle them through the lanes to shoot. The friend has been wanting to go shooting and to buy a gun, but form some reason her husband hasn't moved on it. She finally talked my Wife in to having me take her, so we decided to just make a whole gaggle of a field trip out of it.

She is eager to shoot my AK too, this should be fun. We may also finally get the Wife her gun too, I somehow have cash left over from our trip to San Diego last week (not sure how that happened).

The real strange thing is, maybe not that strange really, is our friend's Husband was 1st Cav, but doesn't own any firearms or really has any desire to go shooting other than a "maybe" on this upcoming trip.

Am I just reading too much in to former military and owning guns?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    The Wife and I are planning a trip out to the Bullet Trap in Plano, we are going to go with our TKD instructor and a friend from TKD (maybe her husband too).

The Wife will not shoot (still very pregnant) but will watch the kids until we cycle them through the lanes to shoot. The friend has been wanting to go shooting and to buy a gun, but form some reason her husband hasn't moved on it. She finally talked my Wife in to having me take her, so we decided to just make a whole gaggle of a field trip out of it.

She is eager to shoot my AK too, this should be fun. We may also finally get the Wife her gun too, I somehow have cash left over from our trip to San Diego last week (not sure how that happened).

The real strange thing is, maybe not that strange really, is our friend's Husband was 1st Cav, but doesn't own any firearms or really has any desire to go shooting other than a "maybe" on this upcoming trip.

Am I just reading too much in to former military and owning guns?
    OK Paco.....What did you forget to pay for!!

Ya, i know lots of military guys who dont own guns or even want to own them. Its just like leos who are the same way. Not everybody gets a hardon putting hot lead down range like we do.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    OK Paco.....What did you forget to pay for!!
    You got me:

1. Airfare for 6
    2. AA luggage charge for 6 suitcases
    3. Rental of 12 passenger van
    4. Food during the week
    5. Lego Land for 8
    6. Food at Lego Land
    7. Two day Sea World pass for 6
    8. Lunch at Sea World the first day (OUCH!!)
    9. forgot to fill the tank on the 12 passenger van when returned
    10. AA luggage charge (again)
    11. over weight luggage charge for my suitcase
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I somehow have cash left over from our trip to San Diego last week (not sure how that happened).
    Save up a bit and you can buy the Del Mar Fairgrounds! Almost on the surf! CA is probably going to sell a bunch of real estate when the tax hike propositions get soundly rejected next week!

I do hope you enjoyed your trip to San Diego though.

Exactly what 'thebig' said. I have a number of ex-military friends. They all have said "they had enough of guns" in the service. They don't mind being around them or talking about them but owning, shooting or anything of the like, they don't want anything to do with them.

They darn sure don't have any problem being around someone that carries to keep them safe.
    Sometimes you find your destiny on the road you chose to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
    I do hope you enjoyed your trip to San Diego though.
    The only city in CA I like. Except for when I declared my handgun at the AA desk, that was funny and frustrating at the same time.

Stayed in the Gas Lamp District, love it!

-Paco

Links