Crickett .22 pistol

Crickett .22 pistol

This is a discussion on Crickett .22 pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone other than myself seen the new Crickett "pistol" by Keystone firearms? Essentially, its a youth size .22 Crickett bolt action rifle with the ...

Thread: Crickett .22 pistol

Crickett .22 pistol

Has anyone other than myself seen the new Crickett "pistol" by Keystone firearms? Essentially, its a youth size .22 Crickett bolt action rifle with the barrel cut down to about 10" and mounted on a target style pistol grip similar to the one on the 10/22 based Charger pistol from Ruger. It's a single shot .22 bolt action with the bolt mounted on the LEFT side vs. the right. Our local Academy store received four of them earlier this week. It seems they are so new the word "PISTOL" looks to be hand written over the white-out covered word RIFLE on the factory specification tag that's attached to the gunt and the owners manual lists the specs on the rifle instead of the pistol. It's retailing for $180 at Academy and the store has already sold three of the four gun it got in on Monday.

I checked the Keystone-Crickett web site but there is no mention of the new gun. I'm thinking this might be a nice target/survival gun as well as something for my kids to shoot and the price is reasonable. If anyone has any info or knows more about the new gun (or owns one), could you please share with us.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Havent heard of the Crickett but if youre budget aware and want a good first .22 Pistol on the cheap the Margolin MUM can be had for around the same price.

Its Russian made and not the prettiest of pistols but its functional and was used in the 1960s - 1970s by the russian pistol shooting team.

Great little plinker and quite accurate.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Links