High Capacity Mags & Pistols - Page 3

High Capacity Mags & Pistols

This is a discussion on High Capacity Mags & Pistols within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ECHOONE, Please don't take anything in my posts as a personal attack on you. But as you are likely aware, many would like to whittle ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High Capacity Mags & Pistols

ECHOONE,

Please don't take anything in my posts as a personal attack on you. But as you are likely aware, many would like to whittle away our rights until we have nothing left. That is why we must fight on every front, every issue, when others try to add legislation that would hinder us and not our opponents. If we freely allow people to restrict gun rights and options, pretty soon we won't have anything left with which to defend ourselves. As a gun owner who has probably owned guns for awhile, surely you are aware of the tendency of anti-gunners to want to restrict us into oblivion.

In your situation, I would think you would be in favor of owning and using higher cap mags, unless you just don't want to get away from your 1911. I understand that. Perhaps you posted out of frustration of how well the BG's are armed. That I understand also.

Anyway, I just want to say I do not consider you an enemy of gun owners. Maybe someone with whom I don't fully agree, but that just about covers all of us in some way or another. And that's okay.

One more thing: Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    It is my firm belief that we should be able to own have any firearm that LEO's or the military use, do we need them , probably not, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to own them.
    Precisely. Even if we don't need them, the right should not be taken away. A lot of folks are simply gun enthusiasts, how powerful, or how many rounds a gun will hold is simply an interest. And that's not even mentioning the ludicriousness that is penalizing us, yet that somehow.....also penalizes the criminals?
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    ECHOONE,

Please don't take anything in my posts as a personal attack on you. But as you are likely aware, many would like to whittle away our rights until we have nothing left. That is why we must fight on every front, every issue, when others try to add legislation that would hinder us and not our opponents. .

Another great point -- that's probably the number one thing I encourage people to do do -- is stand up on all issues that violate our freedoms, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with them personally. They just banned smoking in ALL establishments in the entire state of Oregon. I don't smoke, and it's great for ME, but I still would have voted against it simply because any owner of any establishment has the friggin' right whether to allow smoking or not. It's unbelievable how many people say this is a great day -- they don't see the big picture at all. A simple right was stolen. So much for that fancy cigar lounge my old man and I wanted to open one day...sorry for the rant. ;-) My point is this same idea must be applied to firearms. Oh, and by the way, there IS NO VOTE for these types of things. Overnight, your right to smoke in a bar is gone. Overnight, your right to ALLOW smoking in YOUR BAR ON YOUR PROPERTY is gone. And tomorrow...your gun rights might be gone. It's happened all over the globe already...don't take it lightly.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

It is my firm belief that we should be able to own have any firearm that LEO's or the military use, do we need them , probably not, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to own them.

As posted by shooterX

I absolutely agree. The right granted to us by the second amendment is to allow us to keep the federal goverment's tyranny in check. The founding fathers intended for us to have the same weapons as the military. Look at the guns private citizens had in those days, the same rifle as the military. There should be no limitations on what we can own, including mag capacity, caliber or fully auto selectable rifles.

JMHO,
    MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I agree, but man are those 120mm M68 smoothbore cannon rounds pricey.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Not going to waste my time with this other than to point out that we had almost the same discussion not too long ago...
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...easonable.html
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    First thing, what constitutes a HC magazine? Some weapons come with 6 round standard capacity, some come with 19 round standard capacity magazines. Most fall somewhere in between.

To see another thread where this was beat to death read here:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...easonable.html

Looks like this is pretty much handled - not to mention the OP seems to have disappeared.

Restricting anything is unacceptable. That's why the Constitution was written the way it was. "Shall not be infringed" - pretty simple stuff.

Austin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links