Rumor: WalMart to stop selling guns and most ammo in 2 years? - Page 2

Rumor: WalMart to stop selling guns and most ammo in 2 years?

This is a discussion on Rumor: WalMart to stop selling guns and most ammo in 2 years? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by '75scout I buy my WWB 115 9mm range ammo exclusively from Walmart. I don't go their for advice, only when I know ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: WalMart to stop selling guns and most ammo in 2 years?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by '75scout
    I buy my WWB 115 9mm range ammo exclusively from Walmart. I don't go their for advice, only when I know what I want. For JHP or premium ammo and firearms I go to local gunshops.
    That's what I do too.

It would be a shame if Walmart basically gets out of the gun business. They've always been gun friendly and since they started carrying WWB, I've haven't seen anyone that can beat their prices, Who's got ammo cheaper that $11/100, new factroy 9mm ammo.

If this happens, it appears to me we're loosing an ally.

That's what happens when the founder dies and his "educated" kids take over: cheap Chinese crap and liberal ideas that trump quality and common sense. Private gun dealers for me, need to keep the money in the community.

I buy my WWB 115 9mm range ammo exclusively from Walmart. I don't go their for advice, only when I know what I want. For JHP or premium ammo and firearms I go to local gunshops.
    Same here and +1 for Tangle.

I buy my range ammo at Wally for $11 per 100 for my 9mm. I get 500 rounds for $55. A price I have yet to find online or anywhere else that can meet or beat that price. I have found places close but with shipping and all the other BS and hoops to jump through to get it, still does not come close. I wouldn't go to Wally for advice, I just go there for price.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

I went to get .17 mach2 ammo from wally world, and they had NONE ! I got upset real fast...
    but...I do buy all my .22 ammo from them and shotgun ammo...

I get my .45($19.95 for 100 rnds) and 12ga for cheaper than anywhere else in town at wally world
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    There's never anyone at that counter anyway. I was there earlier today and it took me asking 3 times to get someone so I could buy a pocket knife. BTW, I got a Gerber of some sort.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Where I live wally world has quite a bit of shooting and hunting supplies. When deer and duck season starts is in, we've got 4 damn rows of hunting stuff, one of which is almost solid shotgun shells and rifle rounds. Theres a decent selection of shotguns and rifles all the way from .410 to 3&1/2 super mags,to 7mm's to 30-06 to .22 rifles. The guys that run the desk are pretty knowledgeable, and 2 I know have their CHL and carry even at work. There is even a pretty good selection of reloading supplies, trap throwers, clay birds, gun cleaning supplies, not to mention all the ammo that I need, etc... I would be real upset it WM stopped carrying all this.
    "Arms in the hands of citizens (may) be used at individual discretion...in private self defense..." -John Adams, A defense of the Constitutions of the Government of the USA, 471 (1788). MOLON LABE!

Nobody at my 2 local WMs know anything about firearms. Once we had to get a manager so thay my friend could buy .22lr for his Marlin. We were both over 18 but not 21 yet. Once I figured out that the employees weren't all that savy when it comes to firearms I pointed out the was ".22 Long Rifle" and would only work in rifles. They fell for it and my friend was able to get the 535 round box. I now get .22 at my local gunshop but still buy WWB 100rd 9mm for $11.95 when I have someone thats over 21 with me.

Nobody at my 2 local WMs know anything about firearms. Once we had to get a manager so thay my friend could buy .22lr for his Marlin. We were both over 18 but not 21 yet. Once I figured out that the employees weren't all that savy when it comes to firearms I pointed out the was ".22 Long Rifle" and would only work in rifles. They fell for it and my friend was able to get the 535 round box. ...
    LOL !!! That's rich. I don't live all that far from Nathan67 and the Wally World here is much as he described. Nice selection of Remington, Marlin, Winchester (so far), and Ruger rifles and a fair selection of ammo. In fact, with the current store remodelling, it appears that they've increased the selection of long guns. They've certainly increased the shelf space for ammo.

Like everyone else here, I buy my plinking ammo at Wal-mart but I also try to buy from my local gun dealers. I fear the day Wal-mart has run those smaller dealers out of business and then quits selling guns and ammo. I LIKE having firearm specialty stores in my community and know that they won't last if people shop at Wal-mart instead.

I remember when Wal-mart sold handguns over the counter. Then they went to special order only. Then they quit selling handguns altogether. If it weren't for the independent gun dealers, there'd be no way to buy a handgun after Wal-mart quit. I don't want to see that happen with long guns and ammo.

Assistant Administrator
    brolin - seems after all the comments that in fact WM has considerable variations country wide. From near nothing, to actually quite a lot of stuff.

This part of PA is about 70-80% I'd say - not the most I have heard of but pretty adequate stock really, considering.

Only other (big) variable is the knowledge (or not) of the folks serving in sporting goods
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

So I just got from Walmart--my CHL came in today, and where else was I supposed to go? Anyhow, I was talking to the clerk in sporting goods and a couple of guys who were looking at a 20 ga Charles Daly pump. The clerk told them that all the guns would be gone tomorrow. He said that people were coming tomorrow to pick up all the guns. He said that Walmart will still sell ammo, but his understanding was that it was becoming too much of a hassle for Walmart to maintain an FFL at all of its stores. So as of tomorrow at least the Walmart nearest me in Houston will no longer carry firearms.

Thats fine with me. I buy my guns from local gunshops. Wally World is where I get ammo.

One of the Wal-Mart's near me just removed ALL of their firearms as of today.

The displays were completely empty with a sign reading "To our customers: This Wal-Mart location will no longer carry firearms."

This is the Wal-Mart at Preston Rd. and SH 121 in northwest Plano, TX. I called two other Wal-Marts in the area and they still carry long-guns, but told me that as of June, they will no longer carry any!

Wow. Sad.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

Same here, I buy the 100 round value packs of .38spl. and .45acp when I'm heading to the range but I buy my guns and carry ammo from my usual gunshops. If nothing else, I'd rather support my local shops (and economy) with my firearms dollars.
    Jack

Wal Mart

Heck no body can compete with Wally World on price. Where as a Dealer I buy 2 or 3 of something they buy a train load. The WW ammo is exclucive to them. Heck they sell there guns cheaper then I can buy them for. But like most have said sure ani't gun smart at most . As dealers we sell service with or weapons which is our only saving grace. Be Safe Out There. Kurt
    [B]Kurt Pietrzak
    [I]Maricopa Shooting Service
    S.W.A.T. ( South West Airsoft Tactical )
    CCW Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Maricopa ,AZ. 85239

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links