seek recommendations for .22 target pistol

This is a discussion on seek recommendations for .22 target pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I really like my Browning Buckmark, and I've also shot Rugers, Hi Standards, Colt Woodsman and probably a few more I can't remember. While the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seek recommendations for .22 target pistol

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I really like my Browning Buckmark, and I've also shot Rugers, Hi Standards, Colt Woodsman and probably a few more I can't remember. While the Rugers are a pain to disassemble, they are easy compared to the Woodsman.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have a Ruger mark 1 great little pistol it shoots any of the cheap brick stuff which makes for a fun day at the range.I'd also recommend the other two marks two and three.The old difference is the bolt stays open when the last
    shot is fired.I'd also like to try the new ruger 22/45 that looks sweet too!
    Ruger makes a nice product in 22 pistols and revolvers.

VIP Member
    Just for plinking - I like my Ruger Mk III. Field stripping and re-assembly is not that hard. You may have a little trouble the first couple of times, but after that you learn the little tricks.

For CC practice I like a .22 conversion for my carry weapon.

JMO
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I have a Ruger Mark II. Great little plinker. Just don't lose the re-assemble instructions.
    Ditto this. I love my Mark II. Takedown and reassemble is just a little trick until you get the kack, but a great gun. Add a red-dot sight and you're good to go.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I am adequately equipped for concealed carry with my Glocks, but I am considering getting a .22 semi-auto pistol for plinking. I am fairly ignorant of choices in this category of pistol.

I don't need anything fancy; if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them.
    What NCTom said... an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for your carry Glock (they make it for all frame sizes).

These are quite popular, because they WORK. Feed them the right ammunition, and you won't have any issues.

I have one for my carry G19, along with six magazines. The main benefit, aside from reduced shooting costs, is that you are still shooting the same frame/trigger pull, etc., and can work out of your carry holster.

By the time you buy the kit and several extra magazines, you will have spent as much as if you bought an entire new pistol. Some folks cannot get past this, and say it is ludicrous.

All I can say is, give it a try. I PROMISE you no trouble in getting your money back out of the thing if you don't like it and decide to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    What NCTom said... an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for your carry Glock (they make it for all frame sizes).

These are quite popular, because they WORK. Feed them the right ammunition, and you won't have any issues.

I have one for my carry G19, along with six magazines. The main benefit, aside from reduced shooting costs, is that you are still shooting the same frame/trigger pull, etc., and can work out of your carry holster.

By the time you buy the kit and several extra magazines, you will have spent as much as if you bought an entire new pistol. Some folks cannot get past this, and say it is ludicrous.

All I can say is, give it a try. I PROMISE you no trouble in getting your money back out of the thing if you don't like it and decide to sell it.

He's talking about this...
    Advantage Arms, Inc.

For a fun plinker, I'd suggest the Ruger Single-Six. A revolver with two cyclinders to shoot both .22LR and .22Mag...
    Here you go...
    http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear...l=626&return=Y
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links