How guns entered my life - Page 3

How guns entered my life

This is a discussion on How guns entered my life within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From shooting my Dad's single shot pellet pistol at a catch trap in the basement at home to my first Daisy BB gun and eventually ...

View Poll Results: How I got started with guns

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grew up with them.

63 71.59%
  • exposed through job, LE, Military, Etc

8 9.09%
  • A friend showed me the way

7 7.95%
  • other, I will explain in a reply.

10 11.36%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How guns entered my life

From shooting my Dad's single shot pellet pistol at a catch trap in the basement at home to my first Daisy BB gun and eventually a Powermaster 760 (with scope!) I LOVED shooting when I was a kid. My biggest disappointment as a kid was having my guns taken away as punishment for poor grades in Elementary school! Eventually, Guitars consumed my life for about the next 25 years and any shooting was set aside. I mentioned how I'd like to get into pistol shooting when my kids were very young, but their Mother (my now ex-wife) would have nothing to do with any guns around the house.I know, I know, put your foot down, explain how responsible I'd be regarding safety measures, etc., but hey, remember the phrase "If Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy?" Thank you. At any rate, my youngest son at 16 discovered firearms through his girlfriend's father-he in turn, (my son) ignited a fire deep within me that I had forgotten existed. Not only did I begin shooting again, I acquired my CCW, joined the NRA, and have made a solemn vow that I will NEVER again be without firearms in my life. My son Josh and I now share the passion and enjoy shooting and Gun Shows together, much to his Mother's dismay. My only regret is I waited so long to rekindle the fire.
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    My father has always had a large collection of guns. When I was 5 I got my first redrider BB gun, when I was 7 my father gave me a Savage Model 3B 22 single shot (which I still have) I could only fire it when he was around. When I was 10 I got my first shot gun, a stevens single shot 20 ga. My father brought me hunting when I was 11, although it was for small game (rabbit hunting)(as he is big into that and raises Beagles). I was 13 when I first went big game hunting(deer) and carried my stevens 20ga (with a slug of course)(also some #6's in my pocket just incase the GW showed up), I shot my first deer that season, but with my dads rifle Remm 742 woodsmaster 308, with him by my side. I bought my first gun when I was 14 (a marlin 60 22) Ever since then it has been a addictrion, I bought my first hangun Last March, it was a SA mil-spec 1911 .45, I had always wanted a 1911 and found this to be the best bang for the buck (still do), Last pistol I bought was a Colt XSE combat commander .45 (by far the best handgun I own)
    My father has been a major part of my firearm hobby (as well as my best friend) I owe everything to my Father, and don't mean to sound girly, but I chearish every min I spend with him.

The only thing I can really remember about the first time I went shooting, is that it wasn't the first time I'd ever been shooting. So you could say I grew up with them.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Grew up with them, I grew up on a farm. All of my kids and my wife also know how to shoot and how to reload all guns that we have. It is the American way.

Frankmako

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links