Sig Second Mags Are Back

This is a discussion on Sig Second Mags Are Back within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by gundealer Sig Sauer announced this morning that all of the classic guns will again be shipping with a second magazine. The classic ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig Second Mags Are Back

Quote Originally Posted by gundealer View Post
    Sig Sauer announced this morning that all of the classic guns will again be shipping with a second magazine. The classic guns are the core guns Sig started with, P220,P226,P229,P239. All of these guns PRODUCED after 6/3/09 will have the second magazine. If you buy a Sig, look for the production date sticker on the side of the plastic gun case, if its 6/3/09 or after, make sure it has the second mag.
    I wish they'd send a rain check for a second mag that purchased in this single mag window.

2. Remove Ads

thanks for the info, ill be buying my sig p220 in january.
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Bunny (and all),

If you want SIG mags (or parts) I'd suggest Top Gun Supply, I've used them in the past and they are great. If I remember your 239 is a 9 mm, their mags are currently about $35 each. I think I've gotten all my spare mags from them.

Guns for Sale | Gun Accessories | Supplies

Not connected to then in any way other than a customer!
    +1! Me too.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I bought my P229 last fall and it came with two magazines. I never knew they ever started shipping them with just one magazine.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Rick, I checked out Top Gun, but they only had 2 in stock when I needed to order, so I went to CDNN. But Top Gun's prices were lower, by about $5 per mag, if i remember correctly.
    Bunny, For future reference, one of the nice things that Top Gun does that I appreciate and have used is their notification service. If they are out of stock, you can ask (right side of home page I think) to be emailed when the item is re-stocked. I used the "service" when I wanted 551 hand guards for my SIG 556... Works like a charm if you can wait!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Bunny, For future reference, one of the nice things that Top Gun does that I appreciate and have used is their notification service. If they are out of stock, you can ask (right side of home page I think) to be emailed when the item is re-stocked. I used the "service" when I wanted 551 hand guards for my SIG 556... Works like a charm if you can wait!
    Yep! will do next time, thanks! Unfortunately, I needed mine within 48 hours, so I had to order elsewhere and pay for overnight shipping. :( Oh well. Live and learn.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Hey fellows, I don't have a dog in this fight, but there is a very big ETHICAL question going on with this thread. Do one of you gentleman own Top Gun Supply? Are you getting a discount, and or? If I order something from TGS and mention this site, do I get a discount? Let's don't play favorites here.

Sometimes, the lack of response speaks volumes.
    Steve

www.pistolsandparts.com
    "Leave Nothing To Chance"

Senior Moderator
    Personally, I think every semi ought to be shipped with 3 mags.

One in the gun and two for the mag holders.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by auburn4 View Post
    Hey fellows, I don't have a dog in this fight, but there is a very big ETHICAL question going on with this thread. Do one of you gentleman own Top Gun Supply? Are you getting a discount, and or? If I order something from TGS and mention this site, do I get a discount? Let's don't play favorites here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gundealer View Post
    Sometimes, the lack of response speaks volumes.
    Why is this an ethical question? TopGun has provided a good service to many members, and we talk about it. I'm not sure why its an issue here.
    "Just blame Sixto"

sorry for no reply. I have been reading/replying to other threads on this forum.
    On the ethics question, when you have members with over 10,000 post saying how great a site is, and you look at the boxes where the advertisers are and they are not there, what is a person with limited knowledge of a product going to do? Go to the mentioned site, duh. If their product is so great why are they not advertising there outstanding product on this site?

VIP Member
    I would love a discount from Top Gun!

But one thing I do get is a fair price and amazingly fast delivery every time! I even bought my P-220R SAO from TG... come to think of it, I've bought so much stuff from them, maybe I DO own part of the business?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I want a SIG P226 or P229 Equinox so bad. Hopefully when I do get around to buying one, I will get two magazines.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links